Fifty-eight

When Arthur had heard Merlin out about what happend... He was on the edge of freaking out.
"She is the daughter of WHO?!" He had yelled. "Merlin, you... You idiot. God, didn't you think it would be good to tell me she is the daughter of the triple goddes? She... Oh god."
She obviously didn't want Merlin to deal with this, so she would do it herself. He had had the daughter of the triple goddes herself in his castle the entire time, she was a goddes herself, and she was pregnant with Merlin's unborn child.
God, he was stupid sometimes.
But to think fairly... A child from the two of them...
Arthur shivered. That child would have enormous Powers.
"You should not be dealing with this. We will."
"Merlin, you are not in the position-"
"Are you?" He asked. "And if you think you are, you should have heard the argument between Lucy and me."
Merlin left the room, while the sky outside became only more dark. Arthur looked at Lancelot.
"What do we do now?" Lancelot asked.
"Following him, of course," Arthur replied. "I don't know what he is about to do, but over my dead body he is going to do it on his own."

"You... This can't be happening."
Merlin did not know how to feel right now. Yes, he was happy they were about to have a baby, it was the most wonderful news he could ever get, but what Lucy had told him.
"A child with the two of us as parents..."
"The poor thing could destroy the world at the age of one," Lucy said.
"Mother will never allow something Like this. She worked way too hard to let something like this happen."
"So... What is going to happen?"
"She will come for me, obviously," Lucy said. "That is why I tried to kill myself. Nor Arthur, nor you, nor anyone in this Kingdom should feel her rage."
"The clowds are getting dark outside," Merlin said.
"I know. She is on her way."
"I have no idea what is about to happen, but whoever she is, I'm not letting her hurt you, or the baby."
"That is brave. She will like it you've said that. But she would kill you without even blinking."
"But Lucy-"
"My mother is the creator of this world. She is the one who made you Emrys, Merlin!" Lucy shouted. "Even if she wanted, she could kill the both of us! She could rip the skin of my body, and I wouldn't even scream if that was what she wanted!"
"I don't care, Lucy!" Merlin yelled back. "Don't you hear me? I don't care. I love you. You are my wife. I'm not letting anyone Hurt you."
"It is too late for that," Lucy answered. "I should face her alone, Merlin. The Kingdom needs to stay safe. Just like you and the twins."
She kissed him, and went to the door.
"I hope to see you soon, my love."
"Lucy, wait!"
He ran after her, but in the hallway, there was no Lucy to be seen.
Only... Only the wall was on fire.

Thunder could be heard above Camelot, and someone yelled at the sky.
"Mother!! I know you are here. Show yourself! We could do this as easily with just the two of us!"
A sound behind a tree.
"That went of easily."
A young woman in the outfit of a huntress leaned against the tree, and Lucy growled something.
"Mother."
"My daughter. How does it feel, the married life?"
"I wanted to invite you, but something told me you wouldn't stay in your role. And where were you when we-"
"Destiny."
"I beg your pardon?"
"It was your destiny to evolve like that, my child, just as it was to be happy with Emrys. You understand him. He deserves that."
"But what is your problem? You-"
"Oh, I know exactly what the problem is, dear," her mother answered. "It is just... A child from the two of you wasn't planned, and the Powers it will have... You know I cannot allow that."
"Killing me or the child would not be good for Emrys... Especially you should know."
"Oh Honey, I am not going to kill you! On the contary, you are my precious goddess of the living creatures! You need to be alive, to give life."
"If I am supposed to give life, don't you think I should have this baby?"
"Maybe... Or maybe not. I need to make sure his powers do not get so big-"
"Merlin would not allow that. Never."
"Oh Idriath, you-"
"LUCY!"
Merlin was running to the forest, and a lightningbold almost hit him.
"Mother, please."
"I can take the child its powers away, give you a misscarriage, or let you pay the price. It is up to you."
Merlin was still being haunted by lightening. He couldn't get near them.
The choices... Oh, the choices her mother had given them! Each one had its own, terrible price.
A misscarriage? Gods no. She couldn't do that to Merlin, the child, or herself.
Taking the child its powers away? They would love it just as much, of course, but the joy Merlin would have if he had a daughter or a son with magic...
And then the last option. The child its Powers would be normal, but she had to pay the price herself.
That. Terrifying. Hell. All over again.
By only thinking about it, she wanted to cry. Merlin would see her suffer, but...
She sighed.
"I have made my choice."
The thunder became more loudly. Merlin shouted her name. Even Arthur and a few Knights came into their direction right now.
"Clever girl."
The thunder stopped.
Lucy passed out.