Sixty two

Lucy was in Gaius his chambers, because Arthur and Gaius believed Merlin was too emotional involved to act as his wife her physician. He did not leave her side for a week, and did everything to make her feel comfortable.
Gaius was just on the edge of sending him back to his students, when Lucy woke up for the first time. Merlin immediately took her hand, and pressed his lips on the back of it.
He said nothing. He had fallen back into the fase of not speaking.
Lucy knew enough. She knew exactly what he meant.
"Our students need you," she whisperd. "You know how this works, Merlin."
"Don't you dare to sacrifice yourself like this ever again," he said. "Please."
"But I would do it just like that," she said. She closed her eyes, and laid her hand on her belly.
"Go back to your students. For me."
"I..."
He could not say it. He could not.
"Merlin..."
He kissed her on her forehead.
"I..."
"You shouldn't."
She coughed. There was blood on her hand.
"I have a headache."
Her eyes fell shut, but she opened them again.
"I... I don't want to sleep. Don't- I can't go to sleep," she said, her breath going faster.
"I know... I know..."
He started to murmle some words in their language, trying to take her pain away.
"I am with you... They cannot get to you because I am here."
He shivered, because her pain was though. The demons were getting to her.
Crying, Lucy went to sleep. Merlin kept holding her hand, until Gaius opened the door.
"Merlin... A word?"
Merlin nodded, and left the room.
"I am so sorry to bother you, but you know we need to keep in mind her powers can get oversensitive from now on. Have you thought about that?"
Merlin said nothing. He only nodded.
"You have been with her for a few days now. You know better then I what will happen."
He knew. He knew he could not help his beloved Lucy. At least... Not yet.
"Before you knew about this, Merlin, Lucy told us she did not wanted you would see her getting worse with the day. She wanted you would put your time into the children."
Merlin left the room without even looking at Gaius. The old physician didn't blame him.

The five students of the court sorcerer and his wife knew something was going on. Their mentor had not spoken in days, and all of them knew their other teacher, mastress Lucy, was heavily ill.
When Merlin entered the room of his three male students, they immediately knew what the look on his face meant.
He wanted them to come with him.
They grabbed their cloaks, and followed their teacher.
"Where are you taking us, Merlin?"
No answer. Of course.

"Arthur, we need to make sure we keep him busy, all the time. You know that."
Merlin had left the castle with three of his students to 'who knows where,' while Gaius had come to Arthur to discuss a few... Things.
"I know," the king responded. "It would break Lucy her heart if he would see her getting worse. We should find out a way to manage that."
"I agree, my lord," the physician said, "but there is something else we need to keep in mind too. When Merlin gets the slightest idea we are trying to keep him away from her-"
"Horrible things will happen. Maybe even worse then the powers we have seen during the battle," Arthur said.
"We need to figure this out before he gets back."
"I know," Gaius said. "And I know the perfect way how to do that."

Hey Guys! Short, I know, but cliffhanger :D any ideas for babynames? Leave it in a comment! (Or a vote... Hihi)

Magic is very helpfull sometimes ~ Merlinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें