Fifty-Nine

"You need to return to your families. The upcoming time, Merlin and Lucy will not be able to educate you."
Arthur was about to send the four students back to their families, because he didn't want Merlin to worry about their education.
"I am sorry my lord, but we are not going anywhere," Drew said. "We want to be here, to help Merlin. He'll need us."
By the gods. He had heard this stubborness before.
"Fine then. But when Merlin says you have to leave-"
"We will," one of the girls answered. "We will."

Merlin sighed.
She had not woken up yet. He wanted to know what her mother had done to her.
She couldn't leave him alone. He was nothing without her. Without her... He would die. They had been through too much.
"Hey. How is she doing?"
Gwen came in, but Merlin did not smile.
"She hasn't woken up yet."
"Merlin, I am so sorry..."
"You should not."
He knew he started to talk through the mind when he was upset, and he sniffed.
"You should go out for a while. Clear your head. I will take care of her. I promise."
"Are... Are you sure?" Merlin asked.
"Absolutely. I will not leave her out of my sight."
It was the fact he was talking to Gwen. He trusted her with all his heart. That was the only reason he left Lucy in her care.
"Be careful with her."
Merlin gave Lucy a kiss on the forhead, and left the room, to go for a walk. When Merlin shut the door, someone opened one eye, gently.
"Is he gone?"
"Dear lord, Lucy," Gwen almost yelled. "Do not dare to ever pull a stunt like that again. Merlin... Were you awake all this time?"
"I was. But not without reason."
Quickly, Lucy told Gwen about the bargain she had made with her mother, the triple goddess. Guinevere her mouth fell open in awe, affraid of what would come.
"You do not want him to know, isn't it?"
"He... He can't know about it. It would destroy him. The thought of-"
Lucy was silent, realising what she had done exactly.
It would happen. Again.
Gods. Again...
Her heart filled itself with fear, frightened of what would come upon her.
"This is why the children need to stay around, Guinevere," Lucy explained. "They need to distract him. I have no idea how fast it will go. If he would know this... It could bring everything back. Everything."
Gwen knew what she meant.
The memories. Oh, these painful memories. She knew Merlin still had them.
"Arthur and I will take care of him, do not worry," Guinevere said. "We will be at his side, whatever it takes."
"Thank you," Lucy whispered. "Gwen.."
"Oh I know. Now, go back to sleep. You will need it the next months."
Lucy smiled. "Yes ma'am."

When Merlin came back from his walk, he found Guinevere next to the bed of Lucy, reading.
"And?"
"She has been awake, but not for long, am I affraid. She said she fellt exhausted, and went immediately back to sleep again."
"Thank you for watching her, my lady," Merlin smiled.
"You're welcome. Merlin, if you are in need of something-"
"I know," he answered. "I will let you know."
The queen left the room, while Merlin went to the side of the bed, making a cloth wet. Besides everything, Lucy her head was extremely hot.
"That feels better. Thank you."
Softly, she opened her eyes, and looked right into Merlin's.
"Hey."
"Hey."
"How are you feeling?" Merlin asked.
"Like I really need to kiss you, right now."
Lucy kissed him. Merlin grinned.
"There are no complications," Lucy smiled. "We're... We are having a baby."
"We are having a baby."
Merlin kissed her again.
Lucy didn't know she was this good in telling lies.