Prologue

One more shot before I'm completely wasted!"

"Yes, continue drinking and you'll end up killing more brain cells than you were born with."

"That doesn't make any sense."

I know, Cassandra. Way to state the obvious. I shrugged and pushed an empty shot glass away from me. Just breathing in the stench of the cup below my nose had me nauseous. I haven't had anything to drink tonight, besides a sip of cocktail which I immediately knew was spiked. Someplace.

The music pounded, vibrating not just the walls and floors but also my whole being. It was as if the music matched my hysterically beating heart, resounding rapidly. The floors of the club shook when I walked, my five-inch heels not making it any easier. The clubs lighting was neon blue, green, pink, and yellow flashing wildly. It almost blinded me when I hadn't adjusted my eyes at first.

The moment I stepped into this vile, unfortunate place I knew I was not going to enjoy it. I did like a party occasionally but the ones where you ate cake and sang happy birthday to a little boy or girl. Instead, though, this was a party at a club somewhere on the bad side of town. The whole aura of the place screamed danger. This was confirmed by the mass of mad sweaty bodies having dry sex on the floor, the limitless amount of alcohol and the strong reeking drugs. I coughed unknowingly and sighed deeply.

I've tried inhaling and exhaling numerous amounts of times, but it never worked. All it did was make me realize just how much I despised the place.

My only sort of entertainment I had besides staring at my dead phone was Cassandra. Her wasted self-wobbled to the music besides me. I knew that any moment now she would be on the dance floor grinding on a stranger. I couldn't blame her though, I was the most boring person yet.

"Cass, just go. I can sense your displeasure towards me right now." I muttered, kind of amused at her moody expression. She shrugged casually, sipping on her tall glass of sparkling beer. The mere smell had me over the edge, I wondered what my reaction would be if I just had a sip.

"You wouldn't mind, would you?" Cassandra suddenly asked.

I looked at her expectant face. "Mind what?"

"That I hitch a ride with my fling tonight." She answered, glancing at me. Cass always did this. Wherever we went she blatantly left me there, without telling me whatsoever. It happened about six times already, that I found out she 'hitched' a ride with someone. It was okay because usually we were at the amusement park or something but right then I had a big problem with that. I wasn't going to hail a cab alone at night in the bad part of town. She couldn't leave me.

"Yes Cassandra, I do mind. I do not want to hail a cab alone. There are some strange people out there." I pointed out. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic, Daisy."

"Cassandra, you're the one who forced me here. So, whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me." I deadpanned, staring pointedly at her face. She turned herself so that she was completely facing me with a blank look on her face. I winced when I realized this was her emotionless look, she wouldn't care what came out of her mouth at times like this. The words would just spew wildly. The worst thing was that she wouldn't regret a thing the next day. I have learned to live with it because Cass was my only friend when I had no one. My parents didn't care, no siblings do, so in a way, Cassandra was the only one. Although she couldn't care less. All I was to her was one out of a hundred friends. I didn't care though, I relied on her.

"Stuck with you?" She chuckled menacingly. "Man up and get a grip. You're almost seventeen years old for fuck's sake. Yet, of course, little Daisy needs supervision. No wonder why your parents fucking left you." She spat harshly, a slight edge to her voice. My eyes widened at her outburst. She had gone far with her words, but not that far. Flashbacks of my parents raided my mind, and not two seconds later I felt the salty substance prickling my eyelids, before slowly cascading down my cheeks. The scratchy feel of my cheeks immediately became wet with tears. I recalled the times of my old life, and the misery I resided through. I thought I'd never get out of that hell, but when I finally did, I was thrown into the second. Where people constantly prod me with questions from before, leaving my mind a mixed frenzy where the bad memories couldn't escape. When I met Cassandra during unfortunate times, I thought I would finally be able to live a better life, though not as good as my dreams but okay. It was only a week later when I realized the person she was. An ungrateful person that didn't appreciate anyone or herself. Occasionally she slept with guys ten years older than her for money, she did and dealt drugs with the people she associated herself with. Drugs, money, sex, and alcohol is all that people like her needed. Ive always tried to see the good in her, but sometimes she crossed a line she and couldnt go back from.