Chapter twenty-six

Daisy at the top^

DAISY

Today was the fifth day that Jason had been gone so far. He said he would be back after two days but five days had passed already, if this day ended it would have then been six days all together. I knew that it was bad and probably unhealthy for me to be waiting at the edge for him to come back, but I couldn't help it. I was eager to see him, and excited to finally be his - as he had promised me the other morning.

I just hoped he would keep his promise, and not act like a jerk when I saw him again. It always happened between us, but I was certain that this time would be different. He wouldn't possibly hurt my feelings again would he? All the rumours I have been hearing lately, and the way Micheal had spoken about him I was starting to doubt that he had changed at all. If everyone claimed him to be the rude person he was from the start, would he be the same with me too? Was I his... exception?

Oh please, Daisy. You're not anything significant. My conscious reminded me.

"Are you going to eat those?" Jaxon asked, his voice near my ear. I slapped his hand away from my gummy bears. It was my last packet.

After Jaxon had profusely apologized to Mavis for insulting her, she finally forgave him and they made up. They agreed to take things slowly between the two of them, and finally things went back to normal. We rarely talked about the night at the party, but I told them everything that happened. They knew pieces of the story that apparently Jason's friend Derek had told them, but they weren't aware of the whole story. Lucien had been clever enough to wipe every camera out in that mansion. I honestly felt bad for whoever owned the mansion. They were going to have a hard time scrubbing the blood off of those expensive carpets and couches. That and the petrol that probably stained the polished floors by now.

Grayson had secretely apologized to me too about being so defensive against Jason. He said that he was just worried about me and I comeptlely understood. I would be worried about my friend too if I'd knew she was caught up between the war of two gang leaders that each had a slight but different interest in her too. While he said he was going to study on his own, Jaxon and I decided to form our own little study partnership. Mavis and Penny had went out to the mall for God knows what reason. It was understandable as their parents were well off and had money to waste. I couldn't say the same thing for myself, which was why I refused to go with them. I had other things to worry about, like the chemistry practical that was occurring soon. And by soon I meant Monday.

"You do know that you can get diabetes for eating so much sugar, right?" Jaxon questioned, a whiny look on his face because I didn't want to share my Gummi bears with him. In my defense, I had given him three of the delicious sweets. He should have been grateful.

"You just want them. When I do get diabetes, I'll give them to you." I smiled sweetly at him in which he groaned in annoyance.

We had pushed both mine and Jason's beds together, to form one big bed. I was laying on my stomach with my feet dangling in the air while Jaxon sat crossed legged next to me. Our books were sprawled out in front of us, pencils and pens laying messily around. After two hours I was still clueless on our current lesson in class. My mind have been absent during my last few lessons, and suddenly I couldn't help but wonder why I chose to do advanced chemistry in college in the first place. During highschool I was the top achiever in anything related to science, and that included chemistry. But now it felt as though chemistry was a whole new subject. It was complicated as hell and I swear my brain could explode.

I wasn't looking to become a pharmacist or a nuclear physicist, why ever I chose chemistry was a wonder to me.

"Ugh," I groaned. "I swear I could die."