Chapter sixteen

DAISY

His lips were possessive on mine. It was as if he was starving and haven't eaten for days. That's what it felt like. Shell shocked as I usually was when it came to him, I stayed frozen to the spot. The muscles in my face didn't want to work, despite our lips molding perfectly together. My heart urged me to respond to his kiss, but my mind brought back memories of the day at the beach when he forced me to kiss him and called me an easy whore who had many sexual partners before, which was absolutely untrue.

Even though I felt unexplainably secure in Jason's arms, this had to stop. If he hadnt noticed yet how immobile I was, then he must have been lost in the moment. Which confused me further because he had made it clear that we should stay apart and that he wasn't remotely attracted to me. Was there a possibility that he was attracted to me?

Yeah, sure.

I place my hands on his muscular chest, which just added onto my 100 things why I shouldn't stop this list and attempted to shove him away. Our kiss was getting pretty heated and awkward considering I wasn't kissing him back. I couldn't kiss someone to save my life. Even all that practicing with the wall when I was little haven't paid off. Just kidding, I havent done that. But I probably should have.

Jason surprisingly pulled away when I pushed him. I expected him to force his way down my throat until we were full on making out. I imagined no girl has rejected his advances before, considering how attractive he was and the amazing physical attributes of his body. Geez, Daisy, control your thoughts.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" He asked, a worried look on his face.

"No, no!" I rushed.

"Then what's wrong?" He asked. I sighed and looked towards the ground. I didn't think in a million years that the part of my life that was supposed to consist of boys would be so complicated.

"Daisy, what's wrong?" Jason asked softly, lifting my chin up slightly. He seriously didnt know what was wrong? Argh. Boys were such oblivious creatures sometimes, having absolutely no idea why a girl would be angry at them when they clearly did something wrong.

"Nothing is wrong, besides you." I frowned. Realizing that that sounded very rude and bitchy I quickly changed my words. "I mean, only a few hours ago you told me to stay away from you and said that Im a waste of space in front of your brother. You also didnt apologize for calling me names at the beach the other day and making horrible assumptions about me. Instead, you avoided me for days after that."

It was the simplest way I could explain what I was feeling, and I felt pretty good about it. I just hoped he would understand too. Instead of apologizing like I expected him to, he chuckled. He actually laughed.

"Why could you possibly be laughing?" I narrowed my eyes angrily.

"I'm laughing because you take everything so seriously. Like a complete uptight control freak that seriously needs a reality slap."

"Excuse me? You are like literally the control freak in this... whatever you want to call what we have going on here. Friendship? Company? Interactions? I don't care, but if you haven't noticed you're the damn control freak. Not me. And it is so sad how you cant man up and apologize to me." I ended. I felt absolutely frustrated with him because while I admittedly had feelings for him, he took them as a joke and obviously didn't view me as anything other than an object he could mess around with whenever he felt like it.

"Oh, please. There is nothing for me to apologize for."

I wanted to slap him so bad. He really brought out violent thoughts in me that I never once thought I had.