Chapter twenty-four

DAISY

"Wake up, Angel."

I stirred in my sleep, feeling someone's hand gently nudging my shoulder. Since I was a light sleeper, my eyes shot open and immediately went to find the source. Jason's already dressed figure appeared before me, looming over the bed and looking down on me. I sent him a confused look before blinking and clearing my morning vision.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily. The thought of much needed sleep invaded my thoughts.

"It's past seven. You have to get ready for classes." Jason informed me, standing up to his full height.

"Classes? But it's Sunday." I groaned.

"It is, but your timetable attached to that wall over there says that you have a class today at nine."

Realised dawned upon me and I mentally groaned. Every three weeks I had a Sunday class that took place for two hours. And it was the third week of the semester. I haven't been paying enough attention to my academics as I planned to in the beginning.

"Thank you." I said in appreciation. It was incredibly sweet how he checked my timetable for me. If it weren't for him I would have completely forgotten about that class and slept in, especially given last night's stressful events.

"No worries." He shrugged.

Jason was already dressed in his usual daytime attire causing me to wonder what time he had woken up. If this seemed completely surreal and unrealistic, I had initially thought that we would wake up besides eachother like couples usually did. Obviously, that was just a fantasy and the more sensible part of my brain knew that that would possibly never happen with Jason.

When I had actually taken note of my surroundings, I blinked up at Jason only to notice how handsome he looked. It was usual for him to look breathtaking.

My breath hitched when I noticed his eyes analyzing me, staring directly into my face. "Hi," I mumbled out stupidly, my morning look probably causing him to internally gag. After last night I couldn't see how he could still make me nervous, but there I was puckering like a fish and fidgeting with my fingers.

A small chuckle left his lips. "Hi." He said, letting a small smirk rest at the corner of his lips. Ugh, I loved his sexy-

"I still make you nervous don't I?" He questioned, raising a brow. He moved closer and lowered himself onto the bed in a sitting position. I sat up too, letting the blanket fall to my hips and the cool morning air brace my skin.

I breathed slowly letting all the events of last night come hitting me at full force. I had exposed my body to him. I took a shower with a guy that I knew for just a month. Three weeks and six days.

"You do." I confirmed, thanking god that my morning breath wasn't terrible.

"Why is that?"

"Because last night I acted so desperate and I'm sorry." I said, feeling my throat clog up. Last night had taken place in a haze for me, I hadn't fully comprehended my surroundings and the actual situation, but my mind was fresh now and I could see things clearly for the way they were.

"Daisy?" Jason asked softly, moving to come forward. His hand reached out and caressed my cheek gently. I closed my eyes at the feeling, doing my best not to move closer to him.

"Come here." He said, motioning to his lap. I didn't hesitate to move over and sat down comfortably in his lap. We stayed in silence as his hands played with the end of my hair. I rested my head onto his shoulder, feeling comfort engulf me.