Chapter thirty-one

DAISY

"Ready to face the wrath of evil? They call me The Dragon for a reason."

I chuckled to myself and sent her a small wink. "Oh, it's on."

When Jason had left me all by myself with his sister, I had originally thought it would be awkward and I would be a tensed up mess. Alexis reminded me of her brother; extremely gorgeous with a tough exterior but soft like a marshmallow on the inside. I didn't know how well that went with Jason, but it definitely described Alexis very well.

And despite my first thought, it turned out to be really comfortable with her. She didn't give two cares in the world about what came out of her mouth when she spoke, but she also had a filter, and she didn't seem to judge what I said either. Since I was generally an awkward person, normal people of today's society wouldn't give me a second glance.

"Why'd you pick her? She's weak." Alexis scoffed, scrunching up her face in disgust. My chosen character on the Xbox game Soul Caliber had some Chinese name that I couldn't find myself saying out loud, but she wore some pretty interesting clothing. That was why I chose her in the first place.

"Well, why'd you choose him?" I looked at the bulging muscled man full of scars and marks and I chuckled at her.

"Um, he's awesome and excuse me but have you seen those arms? And that sword is awesome."

I laughed at her and tossed a gummi bear at her head. Jason took it upon himself to buy every bit of junk food in the store. He bought Alexis tubs of ice cream of all her and my favourite flavours, and he even rented out romantic movies for her. The gesture was so sweet I couldn't even believe my own ears when Alexis told me. The amount of care he had for Alexis was amazing. This confirmed my thoughts when he dumped the junk food in my arms and practically ordered me to take care of her and make sure that she was okay after today. I'd gladly accepted the request, because I had no problem with helping Alexis.

It was three days after the huge fight Jason had in the residence campus's corridor, and after he told me why he was beating that guy up in the first place. It took three days for Alexis to agree to seeing me and letting me give her some girl company. Jason told me that she didn't have much girl friends, and of the little she did have, they weren't very close.

"He does look cool." I agreed, referring to her chosen fighter.

"If you really wanted to choose a girl you should have chosen Natsu. She's tough."

"Too late now. Are you ready to 'defeat' me?" I asked playfully.

"Hell yeah."

We played for the next half hour. I had made great progress with Alexis, and surprisingly she had opened up to me about everything. I knew she would need a girl to talk to, but I couldn't help to wonder why she opened up to me so quickly. Jason told me that she didn't want to see non of her other girl friends, but with me, it was almost as if she was happy to see me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked when she placed her controller down and used the tv's remote to turn it off. She sat down crossed legged opposite to me, mimicking my position. I couldn't help but notice the small butterfly tattoo on her exposed shoulder as she wore a black halter top. It was beautiful and suddenly I wanted one too.

"Go ahead, Pink." She wiggled her eyebrows at me, calling me the nickname she had given me the very first day I had met her.

I wanted to smile at her in amusement, but I didn't. I was too curious to know why she so gladly opened up to me. Alexis was very sheltered, just like Jason had told me. She always acted tough but was sensitive and emotional on the inside, using her tough act to shield the negative emotions she felt towards a lot of things. He told me how their father always misunderstood her, because it seemed as if two boys just wasn't enough for him. He felt frustrated that his wife had died and left him with just two boys and a girl. He wanted more males in the family, which I honestly found to be ungrateful and selfish.