Chapter fourteen

DAISY

"Wait, so he like kicked you out of your own dorm room?" Mavis demanded.

"Yes, and he told her to stay the hell away!" Penny exclaimed, her hands flying all over the place.

"What a total jackass?" Mavis rolled her eyes, stuffing a cheese Dorito into her mouth. I cringed while they gossiped about Jason. I felt bad for a completely unknown reason.

"He totally deserved that slap though. And congratulations for slapping possibly the most feared person in town. Penny giggled, raising her hand for a high-five. I gladly slapped my hand against hers and laughed too.

"Be careful though. What if he slapped you back?" Penny winced.

"No," I said immediately, defending Jasons honor. I knew that harming girls was one thing that he did not stand for which was an amazing moral and possibly the only good thing about him. "He wouldn't."

"That's good to know. What about you and Ace?" Mavis asked curiously. She threw her bag of chips somewhere, which I found very unladylike, before laying down and tilting her head, staring at me upside down.

I rose a brow. "What about me and Ace?"

"You have been acting surprisingly friendly towards him lately...?" She inquired.

"So what? He's my... friend." I said, feeling unsure. Was he really my friend?

"You don't like him the least bit like that? He's really hot."

"Mavis," Penny snapped. "She likes Jason, okay? Not Ace.

Instead of being angry at her, Mavis burst out laughing. I was staring at her in amusement.

"You're so funny, Pens. Isn't it obvious already?" Mavis chuckled.

"What's obvious?" I demanded, leaning forward slightly.

"That Penny-"

"Shut up! Just shut up before I shut you up." Penny yelled, grabbing the closest thing which fortunately was a pillow and began hitting Mavis aggressively. I burst into laughter too. She looked like a little girl trying to hurt someone when her attempts were futile.

"Hey! She's our best friend now. Why can't I tell her?" Mavis asked, suppressing a giggle.

"It's not your secret to tell." Penny sighed and sat down, crossing her legs.

"But come on, this is Daisy. What possible friends do she have that she could tell? She has no life and I'm sure she is one of those honest, trustworthy friends. Or best friends." Mavis shrugged.

"Wow," I began dryly. "Your kindness and humor really flatter me."

She winked. "I know."

"Whatever. But if everyone suddenly finds out, I'm not slapping Daisy. I'm slapping you, Mavis." Penny warned.

"Fine. I give you the right to slap me if this secret is out. Now go on, tell her." Mavis insisted.

"I really hate you. I do."

"Love you too. Now go ahead, tell our gorgeous little friend here your dirty little secret." Mavis urged. I could see Penny was getting irritated easily.

"Mavis... please don't let me do this. It's embarrassing and I'm not proud of it." Penny said, her voice becoming shakier.

"I'm sure you can trust Daisy." Mavis assured. "Right, Daise."

"Of course." I smiled softly. I wasn't going to judge her for whatever it was that he had done. I would never do that to someone as sweet, kind and gentle as Penny. Hell, I wouldn't do it to anyone.