Chapter forty-two

DAISY

What felt like hours later I woke up in an empty room, with not a single window but only a single wooden door positioned opposite the paper thin bed I woke up on. The walls were a dark grey, making it feel so suffocating and confined. I couldn't breathe properly and I'd been awake for what felt like hours , mindlessly staring at the wall. My tears were dried up on my face.

Not only was I alone and afraid, but my entire body was throbbing with an intense pain that I have never felt before. The glass in my back were taken out but the open wounds remained, bleeding and vulnerable to the germs. The back of my t-shirt was already red of blood, and I would have taken it off if it weren't for the fact that I only had a bra beneath. The only thing keeping me from passing out of the pain, was the thought of Jason. I imagined his smiling face in my head and his shining forest green eyes, and a weak smile of my own formed on my lips.

I imagined what he could be doing right now. It was only hours later, and I couldn't tell if it was day or night. The only light evident was coming from the small bulb on the ceiling. I doubted Jason was home yet and more tears slid down my face realizing that he would have no idea of my whereabouts. No one was going to save me, and a small part of me thought that this was what I deserved. This was my punishment for lying to the people I loved the most.

I deserved every second of the torturous silence.

I moved the slightest bit and felt pain shoot through me. Every bit of movement was utterly painful. I wanted to stand up because my legs felt numb. I hoped that the impact of my back on the glass table did nothing to harm my spine. That would be disastrous, and despite knowing that Jason was mad at me right now, he would never let Axel get away with it. I perched myself up against the wall, but my back ached when it came in contact with the cold wall. It was a stinging pain.

I never really expected Axel to do what he'd doneq. He was so much worse than both Jason and Lucien, and that scared me to the core. I ended up just sitting on the hard mattress, with my legs crossed. I was sweating and probably resembled a troll. My hair was sticking to my forehead and I had to push it away to keep myself from going absolutely crazy when it kept going in my face. The silence was frustrating as I became consumed with the worst of thoughts and assumptions.

To stop myself from complete insanity, I yelled out loudly. Anything to stop the silence. What I wasn't expecting was to hear the door rattling open. In came a guy with an extremely familiar face. I gasped in shock as realization hit me. He was the guy that blasted me in the face with a ball. The captain of our colleges football team. What the hell was he doing here? Was he kidnapped too?

"Daisy, shut the hell up." He suddenly scowled. "Do you want Axel to fucking kill you? Because trust me, he won't hesitate to."

"H-he's not that stupid, it could cause a war between the two gangs." I pointed out, my voice hoarse from not talking for hours and due to all the crying.

"Oh please, you're not that important."

I chose to ignore that. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"Watch duty, obviously. I have to stand outside this door till Axel is ready to talk to you. So be the hell quiet."

"Talk to me, about what? And I meant what the hell are you really doing here?" A little bit of hope bloomed inside of me.

"I work for Axel, obviously." He rolled his eyes. He was so much more pleasant before, and I could have sworn he had Lucien's gangs signature tattoo on his neck.

"So being the quarterback of our football team is what, some sort of cover up story for what you really do?" I asked in disbelief.

"Exactly. And everyone buys my lie, so I'm not complaining." He smirked.