Chapter seventeen

DAISY

"So he left just like that?" Mavis questioned in disbelief. She was racking her cupboard for something to wear, cussing at how little clothes she had. I honestly found it unnecessary since she could wear anything and still look great.

"Yeah. He didn't even bother helping me clean up his bloody mess." I scoffed.

"Asshole. If I were awake I would have told him off for you." She said, slapping her bubblegum loudly in her mouth.

"Great news, ladies and gentlemen!" Penny gushed as she came bursting through the door.

"What? Daisy and I were talking." Mavis shot Penny a questioning look.

"Well, what's the news?" I asked eagerly. I loved great news.

"Sweet Kisses have a special today. If you buy one blue berry muffin you get one free plus the coffee and cinnamon hearts were half price, only a dollar for a few cinnamon hearts! Can you believe it?"

I grinned in excitement. Sales were my kind of happiness.

"Oh! And the custard and raspberry sauce buns were half price too."

Mavis rolled her eyes. "Was that the 'great' news?"

"Yes, duh?" Penny frowned, coming forward and placing a huge box with desert treats down onto the bed. I giggled at how much pastries and tarts she bought just because it was on sale.

"It's so thoughtful of you to buy pastries for the whole campus." I teased.

"I like to treat my friends. Thank you for being appreciative, Daisy. I don't know about her though." She rolled her eyes, briefly sticking her tongue out at Mavis.

"So, about that party that the guys suggested, there's one exactly eight pm tonight. Do you want to go? I mean you did all agree to it. I'll just ring the guys and if either of you say no, I would drag you there myself." Mavis murmured out, after stuffing a donut into her mouth.

Ah, I almost forgot about their bad idea of going to a party. I recalled it from yesterday but I was too distracted by Jason last night to think any more about it. I was all fuzzed up, hot and heated up in the bathroom last night, and I could barely remember anything he said. Unfortunately however, the bad things seemed to stick there.

Like they always did.

After a minute of contemplating with myself, I shrugged and realized that maybe studying wasn't all what college was about. Besides, after this I'd probably never go to any more parties. I'd rather sit with my Chemistry text book and study or solve problems in Math than go to more parties. My behavior was not suitable for socializing with too much people in big crowds. I wouldn't say I had social anxiety because it was a real issue and I didn't really have it, but I did get nervous in crowds and socially awkward.

"What will we wear?" I asked warily.

Mavis smirked. "I got that sorted. All you have to worry about is how you're going to get out of that shell of yours and have a good time."

I scoffed. "I can have a good time if I want to. Besides if you, Penny and the guys are with me then there is no way I could not have fun, right?"

Penny looked at me for a moment, a look of deep thought on her face. "Actually, if I think back to all the times that Mavis, Jaxon and Grayson ditched me to 'get some', I'd be counting all the times I've ever been to parties and there, you have the answer."

"A little bit dramatic, don't you think? And it wasn't my fault anyway, blame the hormones for finding most of the guys there attractive. I mean no girl can resist abs and jawlines and all that stuff. Not even you Penny."