Chapter seven

DAISY

Flashback- one year ago (the night occurring in the prologue)

I was so stupid.

I couldn't react, as if my mind screamed run but I just stood frozen. Too shock to even move. My legs felt week, yet something stopped me from collapsing out of fear. I guess it was the fact that I had no idea what he would do to me if I were to pass out. Just an hour ago, he wiped my tears away, somewhat comforting me, and now he'll possibly be the reason my eyes leak in a few seconds.

Run! Now!

My brain chanted, finally getting through to my body. I did exactly that and sprinted in the other direction. I hastily kicked off my heels and bare-footed ran down the dark and cold streets. I was not the fastest runner, meaning I couldn't run to save my life, but the adrenaline rush caused from fear had me going faster than what I myself could imagine. Have you ever felt that way? For example, a dog chases you and you're so scared that you jump over some really high wall that you never ever imagined yourself jumping over? I was in that situation.

I didn't know if I should have fainted already, but I never seemed to stop. My life wasn't worth all this, but I was not giving up. I never did. Everyone's life was worth something. Even my pathetic one. So, I ran, I ran until I felt something latch around my wrist. A helpless cry escaped my lips as I realized that the whole situation was futile. One way or the other I knew he'd eventually get to me. Silent tears welled up in my eyes as the guy's arms came around my waist. He wrapped me securely and hoisted me off the ground. I tried to fight him off, but it was no use whatsoever. I sobbed as he walked us over to another alley. This one had numerous graffiti all over the walls, giving it an even scarier demeanor.

This was all my fault. This is what happened when you wondered in the streets alone at night.

"Hey," he said slowly, placing me down on my feet. I shivered as small shaky breaths left my mouth. Instinctively, I placed my hands over my eyes. In a way it comforted me, as if my hands hid me away from him. This was always what I did when I was scared in the past.

A small chuckle came from in front of me. I stopped crying, really confused. I peeked through my fingers to see the guy slowly raising his hands. It suddenly enclosed my own, bringing it away from my eyes. I blinked and looked at him confused.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said, assuring me slightly.

"You wont?" I asked shakily in disbelief. This isn't what I envisioned happening. Was I really this luckily?

"Mm," he hummed.

"Why?" I blurted suddenly.

"What do you mean why? I'm not some creeper that walks around at night and pick on random girls. I dont condone violence against women." He said, placing a hand against the wall beside my head. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Why were you crying in the club?" He asked suddenly, asking me the same question he asked me before in the club.

He placed both hands either side of my head, trapping me. I gulped and glanced warily at his tattoos. Something silver caught my attention. A chain? A thin chain hung around his neck with a small circle pendant in the middle. It had a dragon symbol engraved into it, giving it an affectionate look.

"M-My friend broke my heart." I stuttered a reply. It was sort of true.

He frowned. "I will break his arms then."

"No!" I yelled. "It's a she. And I dont want anyone to hurt her."

"Oh." He murmured. "How old are you?"