Chapter one

DAISY

I looked around the hallways, feeling disoriented. With my schedule and keys in hand, I searched signs that would give me any idea on where to go next. I had just come from freshmen orientation, when everyone left to go find their dorms. A half an hour later I was still clueless and couldn't help but think that I have just made myself more lost than I originally was. I passed by people who weren't with me in orientation, which caused worry to fill me. Had I gone the wrong direction?

Groaning in frustration, I pulled my small map from my jeans pocket. It had been of no help to me at all. The red guidelines were supposed to lead me to the girl's dormitory, as I have assumed. But for some reason, there was no differentiation between the girls and boys dormitories. A block away from the college was our residence campus. It consisted of four large and fancy buildings that looked slightly old with brick walls that had green vines running up it. The main office was situated on the far end, and if I wanted to have someone guide me, I would have to request a tour guide which would take me forever, seeing as I was already lost and probably couldn't even find my way to the main administration office.

I passed a large foyer which led to numerous room doors with numbers on it. I sighed, seeing as I finally found the dorm rooms. My eyes searched for 176B but the first door which was slightly opened had the number 34A written on it. I grimaced, thinking of how I would have to pass the first floor and somehow managed to find my dorm room even when there were numerous others. I would never make it in time for the night. It was already past four pm and by the looks of things I wasn't getting far on finding my dorm anytime soon. I slumped against the wall in defeat, pulling my large suitcase with me. Many people littered around the hallways and foyers, some were even leaving their dorm rooms and some were returning. I contemplated asking someone for directions, but I was afraid to interact with stranger.

"Need some help, girly?" My gaze snapped towards the female voice, to see a gorgeous girl with dark black hair and purple streaks in it, looking at me expectantly. She was wearing dark clothes with purple on her attire now and then. I decided that I would call her Purple, seeing as she liked the color.

"That would be nice." I smiled in appreciation, pushing myself off the wall.

"You're a freshman. Me too." She said, flashing me her new set of keys and schedule.

"That's awesome. So, you know your way around here?" I asked. Considering she was a freshman too I didn't see how she would know where to go.

"Of course. I've come in early July for the tour they gave us. Weren't you here?" She rose a brow.

"No." I frowned, remembering the day I received the email for the tour, but couldnt make it. I should have probably made the effort to come, it would have resulted in me getting somewhere instead of having been lost for the past half hour. I felt so dumb, watching other people walk freely with a destination in mind. Surely, I wasn't the only one who missed the tour, right?

"Well, what's your dorm room number?"

"176B." I answered.

"That's on the second floor," she chuckled. "What are you doing down here?"

"I couldn't find the stairs." I flashed her a sheepish smile.

She laughed and motioned for me to follow her. I dragged my suitcase with me, rushing to keep up with her steps. We passed numerous dorms with inappropriate engravings and graffiti on it. I shuddered when I noticed someone drew a large penis in red on the center of one of the brown wooden doors, whose paint was already chipping. This college wasn't exactly great, but it was affordable and looked to be a comfortable place to be. Besides, it was the first college to offer me a full scholarship and I couldn't wait any longer for any other colleges to respond to me. I wanted a fresh start and I wanted it soon.