Chapter nineteen

DAISY

"I don't think Jason would be able to keep his hands to himself tonight..." Mavis trailed off, a cheeky smirk on her face.

"Why would you think that?" I rose a brow.

"You look unrealistically beautiful, and Jason has a dick. See where I'm going with this?"

I gasped and Penny laughed.

"Jason can't stand me. He kicked me out of my own dorm, remember?"

"So? I don't know him at all. But from what you have told me, his intentions were clearly good, Daisy. I'm not saying that he had to do something as irrational as that, but I understand why he wouldn't want you anywhere around him. It obviously shows that he cares."

I found comfort in Mavis's words, and a small smile etched up onto my face.

"Doesn't mean he's getting some of this though." I joked, motioning towards my body. Mavis through her head back and laughed.

"That's the spirit!"

We arrived at the car after our banter filled walk out of the building. Since Michael offered to drive, they decided that it would be his job to drive us home and steer clear of any alcohol tonight. I assumed he could do that, since he claimed that he was not a fan of drinking. I wasn't either, but I had no license and one if my biggest fears was running into trouble with the police. Given that they always raided the gang house back home. Lucien and his goons were smart enough to always be prepared in situations like that, hiding everything so that even the heavens would think it didn't exist.

"What's up, girlies?" Jaxon grinned like a Cheshire cat, bouncing on his feet as he got out of the car. I blushed when he's eyes immediately scanned my body. God, I thought he liked Mavis!

"Gosh what happened, Daisy? You look incredibly sexy." He wiggled his eyebrows, a huge grin on his face. I didn't think he could smile any wider than now. It amazed me how Jaxon managed to be happy all the time. For the last few weeks I got to know each and everyone of these guys and they all had very interesting stories and I was very intrigued by each of them.

"Thanks, Jax." I smiled.

He winked in return.

"Leave her alone, Jaxon. You perv." Mavis rolled her eyes, a hard look in her eyes. She was clearly jealous, and I couldn't help but hide my slight smile at them. Even if I felt anything besides friendliness towards Jaxon, I would never go there since Mavis liked him and I respected her too much.

Jaxon's eyes seemed to brighten when he noticed the presence of an annoyed Mavis. From previous observations I realised that he loved it when Mavis was mad. He loved teasing her especially because she got angry quickly. She should consider going with Jason to anger management.

I mentally laughed at my own stupid idea.

"But not as hot as you, right Mavis?" He chuckled.

I shook my head in amusement.

"Little Penny! You look different!"

"Ugh Jaxon, get the fuck in the car and let's go." Mavis grumbled.

"I would but you see, we have a little problem. Since we're only taking one car there are basically only five seats and six of us. Grayson got shotgun and Michael is driving so one of you are going to have to sit on my lap." He said sheepishly.

"I can't." I mumbled awkwardly. I might have been his friend, but that would be extremely awkward for me.

"Me neither." Penny said.