Chapter twenty

DAISY

I left the bathroom without looking back. What an ass Jason was? I couldn't deal with him for another second. I passed by my friends, but they were aimlessly chatting with Grayson. I decided not to bother them, needing fresh air.

It was hard to push past all the bodies in the mansion, but eventually I reached the exit. It was fairly empty outside, besides for two couples fooling around with eachother. The fresh air was relieving compared to the warmth inside the mansion. I walked further away from the building and stood to the side. I hugged myself from the cold air, realising that I was stupid enough to dress so airily.

Minutes passed when two hands were placed on my shoulders from behind. I jumped in fright and tried to pull away, but they wouldn't budge.

"Relax, it's me." I heard Jason's voice say softly besides my ear. My noticeably racing heart calmed down, knowing that it wasn't a stranger.

"That doesn't make it any better." I mumbled.

"I just wanted to apologize for acting like a dick before about how you look. I just don't like the idea of anyone staring at you." His voice was so soft besides my ear, it was calming me down, and his body behind mine radiated warmth. I leaned backwards into him.

"Why? You're not my boyfriend to act that way." I complained. I wanted to know why he was so possessive over me. We barely knew eachother.

"I told you. I don't know."

"That's a lame answer." I huffed. It was flattering that he worried about how revealing my clothes were, or if males were staring at me, but it was also overwhelming and I didn't know what to think of it.

"You're freezing. Let's get inside." Jason said, grabbing my hand from behind and swivelling my body around to face him.

"But we just came out, and I'm not really comfortable inside there." I said honestly, hanging tightly onto his warm hand that was gripping mine.

"Not the party. My car." He assured, before pulling us towards his black Audi, which was parked a few meters away in the parking space.

"Wait but..." I walked with him hesitantly.

"Don't worry, Sweetheart. I won't kiss you again without your permission." He smiled slightly.

"Okay." I said, feeling far better than I was feeling just a minute ago. He was once again confusing me, however. Since he acted like a caveman when I got here, and now he was being sweet.

When the warmth of the car enveloped me, I released a long sigh. Jason had turned up the heaters and it was excellent. I hugged my arms to myself and rubbed them up and down. I decided to pull my jacket off, needing to feel the warmth on my bare arms.

"I'm down if you want to strip for me." Jason said, his voice coming from the drivers seat. I turned to look at him and noticed his smirk.

"No, I'm just getting cold." I said in excuse, feeling my cheeks warm, especially given how extra hot he looked.

"If you were getting cold, you wouldn't take your jacket off."

"I need to feel the heaters on... Actually, never mind. I don't need to explain myself." I said strongly. "And I am certainly not stripping for you."

"Suit yourself."

Silence.

Silence is what entailed the car next. I wasn't one to hold the most interesting conversations. In fact, I couldn't even hold I boring one. So when silence encased the car next I pursed my lips awkwardly and began looking around the car. I looked at the stereo system and the advanced GPS system. But that was just that. I couldn't stare at the stereo system forever. The silence was growing more tense and I felt beyond awkward, not knowing what to say.