Chapter twenty-nine

DAISY

"You waited up for me." Jason said, his familiar scent that I grew to love immediately filling the room.

I sat up, and when I looked at him I couldn't help when the salty substance known as tears prickled at my eyes.

Jason's small smile immediately fell when he took note of me.

"Daisy?" He asked in confusion. I couldn't help it. My throat clogged up as tears of guilt slid down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized. "I'm so, so sorry." My hands covered my mouth in attempt to stop the ugly cries from escaping.

"Baby, what happened?" He hurriedly walked towards the bed and sat down next to me, prying my hands away from my face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Shhh, Princess. Breathe, I'm hear now." He pulled my head towards his chest and rested his chin on top of it. "It's okay."

I breathed deeply at the sound of his soothing voice. His familiar scent soothed my nerves. I felt like a pile of crap for considering to wipe Jason out of my life. No matter how bad everyone claimed him to be, or how bad he probably was, it shouldn't of mattered. He made me feel safe and beautiful, no one has ever done that before. Pushing him away should have never been such an easy descion. It made the guilt weigh down on me like a ton of bricks.

"You're okay." Jason whispered, his hand soothingly stroking my back.

"I'm sorry." I whispered again, in an attempt to make myself feel better.

"I don't understand you, darling. Please tell me what's wrong?"

I sniffled. "I-I let the rumours get to me. The warnings that people sent my way. I wanted to call in and ask if they had another dorm room for me, I wanted to wipe you out of my life while you were gone."

I felt him stiffen up completely, the gentle rub of his hand on my back stopping. Then, I continued to explain.

"But I didn't. You mean too much to me and I couldn't do it. Not when you needed me." I said quietly.

He slowly began relaxing, but the hand that was on my back was gone. I felt him let go of me completely until I was cold and sitting alone on the bed. I looked up at him as he stood, feeling my throat clog up once again. Emptiness, afraid, alone. These were some of the feelings I felt when he was gone. And it was absolutely terrifying knowing how much I relied on him for comfort, when I've known him for such a short while, and we've been together for an even shorter while.

"No, wait. Please, I'm so sorry." I apologized, feeling panicked that he might have actually left.

"Answer me something, Daisy." Jason's voice sounded cold, and his tensed figure caused his muscles to strain against his shirt. He was clearly upset. "Why the fuck would leaving me be such an easy descion for you?"

"No, no," I shook my head repeatedly, not liking how hurt upset he appeared to be. "I changed my mind. I won't do it again. I promise." I said stupidly.

"And you judged me to be a fucking manwhore," He laughed harshly. "When you were the one using me as some sort entertainment for your boring life."