Chapter eight

DAISY

I could see the shock written all over his face. But one thing that I thought I would find first was surprise, yet he didn't look surprised. He looked as if he had remembered me, but he never thought that I would have remembered him too. Maybe he wanted me to forget. Maybe he forgot about that night or maybe he just didn't care. But he had to care, right? He knew that I witnessed that scene of him and the 'Gibson' guy right in front of my eyes. However, he trusted me not to say a thing to anyone. Luckily for him, his trust wasn't a hopeless case, because my lips had been sealed the moment I saw what happened.

I remember that night as if it happened yesterday. A former friend of mine - Cassandra - and I decided to let go for the night. Or in this case, Ive decided to let go for the night, because apparently I've always been so 'uptight' in her eyes. Well, one thing led to the other and after a mental breakdown I found myself in an alley way almost witnessing a murder scene. It sounded intense, but it was true. Since that day I watched over my back thinking that the mysterious guy with the magical green eyes would suddenly show up and get rid of me. I was very paranoid.

How have I been so blind to not recognize that it had been Jason this whole time? I mean all the clues- the amazing yet hard green eyes, the tattoos, the way he speaks and keeps himself and the leather jacket.

"You remember, don't you?" Jason suddenly asked after a long, tense moment of silence.

"Yeah." I murmured, still sniffling after my short moment of tears. Why was I being so sensitive again?

Oh, right. Jason called me a desperate whore. Daisy McKenway- the one that haven't kissed a guy in her life, who cringe at nude scenes in a movie, who has never slept with anyone or even fantasized about it, has been called a whore.

"Why, why did you do what you did?" I asked the question I've been longing to know since that night.

"It hasn't been your business then, and it's not your business now. Don't ask me again." He said, staring hard into space.

"Fine, but if you were so nice to me that night then why was you being a jerk when I first got here?"

"First of all, I have never had or wanted a roommate, so I acted on impulse when they told me a girl was going to room with me. And secondly, I've only realized it was you during the first week here." He muttered, pushing himself off the wall and walking back over to his bed.

That's why he had a change of attitude on the first day of classes.

I sighed and wiped a hand over my face. Well, this was quite the coincidence. I never thought I would have ever seen him again but look now. Fate was really funny, wasn't it?

"Doesn't change the fact that you were a jerk, and still are. I mean, why did you get angry at me for talking to Ace. He's my friend." I rolled my eyes at his stupid ways.

"Don't start with me, Daisy. He'll never be your friend, remember that."

"Whatever. I liked you better a year ago. The night that you actually liked me." I said.

He suddenly looked at me, glaring. "You think I don't like you? Then why the hell would I have cared if you got cold on the first day? And why would I be concerned when you were alone with a stranger? Because I don't fucking want anyone to hurt you," he snapped. "Don't you get that? That night a year ago, when I saw the fear that filled your eyes when you thought I would harm you made me never want to see that look ever again."

I looked at him, completely stunned. I could tell that he wasn't lying, which made this whole situation more complicated. This whole time I was being the stubborn one, not him. That day - the first day of classes - he only wanted me to change because he knew that it was cold outside, and he didn't want any creep to look at me. And now, he worried that I was alone with a stranger. Ace might have not have been a stranger to him, but to me he was. It all made great sense! God, why was I so oblivious and stupid?