Chapter nine

DAISY

"Have you ever been to one of these beach parties before?" I asked Jason as we climbed into his wonderful and sleek black Audi.

"Yeah, it's a bit boring. The only reason I go is that my friends are persistent, and I love the booze and the scenery." He replied.

"You love the scenery?" I asked, a goofy smile on my lips.

"Yes, yes I do, Daisy. Doesn't mean that because I'm a gang leader I can't like nature." He answered bluntly, focusing his attention on the road.

"True." I nodded then suddenly something dawned on me.

"Wait. . . you're the leader of the gang that you're in?" I asked in surprise, glancing to my side to look at him.

I couldn't help but stare at the side of his face and analyze him in curiosity. He acted like a normal person. If it weren't for the tattoos, body rings, leather jackets, I would have been completely fooled. I mean, I got that he had some controlling and temper issues, but that could be some bad traits or habits of a normal person. Everyone had flaws. Mine would have been being clumsy, occasionally oblivious, and sometimes shy. I was very curious about him, he didn't seem to be your typical gangster.

"I don't like being stared at." He suddenly said, causing me to look away quickly. His hands were clenching the steering wheel tightly and instead, I focused on the rose pattern on his hand, a blush rising to my cheeks.

"And yes, I am the leader."

"But you're only twenty. Shouldn't someone older handle a gang?" I wondered.

"What? No." He scoffed. "Besides, I'm twenty-one in a few months. And we don't look at age. The strongest, the wisest, the smartest, the bravest, the most responsible man should be the leader. I've proven myself."

I nodded but slightly frowned. How had he proven himself? By killing someone? Like he almost did a year back when I have almost witnessed it? I ignored my thoughts and changed the topic. He seemed to be answering my questions as if he trusted me which was surprising. I could try my luck and ask him questions about all of my curiosities, but I didn't take my chance, or I might have gotten carried away and knowing Jason he would have snapped at me any minute.

"You're old." I joked.

"No, you're young." He smirked, glancing at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's better being young. Now you'll die before me." I said jokingly.

"Life doesn't work that way, Angel."

Angel? I nearly melted.

"Hmm, considering you're in a gang. . ." Crap! I didn't mean to say that. I waited for his reaction to see him glaring at me and not paying attention to the road. I would have freaked out, but we were on a deserted road, with greenery surrounding either side of the long road. Was this the part where he killed me and hid my body?

"Shut the hell up, Daisy." He snapped.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted and immediately kept quiet. My mouth had no filter.

"Just, don't bring the gang up again, okay?"

"Okay." I promised.

We arrived at the beach in the next one minute. Jason parked near a shady tree in the parking lot and we got out. I scanned my surroundings and Jason was right, it was beautiful. Long, dark and light green trees traveled down the huge sandy beach and ended halfway to the other side of the sea. The sand was clear white and without the music and loud boisterous laughter I would have fallen deeper in love with the place. The air chilled a bit and became slightly windy, yet it still smelled extremely fresh and lovely.