Chapter twenty-two

Go check out some of my other stories, if you like this one!

**

JASON

When I entered the mansion, the strong smell of blood hit me like a ton of bricks. I was used to the metallic smell of blood. I could smell it from distances away. Naturally, it alarmed me. A cold shiver racked my body as I rushed to get inside. People were yelling, screaming even as they tried to maneuver themselves out of the crowd.

For the first time in a long time I felt my heart thumping violently. I was never worried about anything in these cases. I had no one to take care of. Not a single person who I had to worry about whenever there was a gang shooting. Everyone in the gang could take care of themselves.

But not Daisy, she couldn't take care herself. She looked as if she couldn't hurt a damn fly.

I pushed people out of my way roughly. Fucking amatures. Why would people come to parties like this when they knew that gang shit went down here. It pissed me the fuck off whenever there were civilians in the way, and who couldn't get out of the damn way fast enough.

"Get the fuck out of my way." I hissed, pushing some random guy away from me.

The once booming music was silenced, and the only thing to be heard was the screams and fearful yells. By now most people have already spilled out of the mansion. Cars were heard zooming away in the distance.

I scanned my eyes all over the darkened place, trying to spot Daisy's brown hair, but every other girl that I laid my eyes on had brown hair too.

Fucking great.

"Jason!" It was Derek. He halted me in the midst of the rushing crowd.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked, muttering curse words under my breath.

"It's Lucien. He took that girl you were with upstairs!"

At his revelation, I felt fear coursing through my veins. I wasn't afraid for Lucien and his gang, they were a joke to me. But I knew that he wouldn't hesitate to hurt Daisy just to get to me. Fuck. I knew it. I fucking knew that my lifestyle would somehow end up putting her in danger. It was why I stayed the hell away from her, why I told her to get the hell out of the dorm and away from me. All of that shit was for nothing.

I grabbed the nearest object, which gladly was just a chair, and slammed it broken against the wall. I wad a crazy fucker when anyone dared to mess with me. And messing with Daisy for some reason meant messing with me too.

"Why the fuck didn't you stop him?" I growled out angrily.

"He had men with him, man. We are only eight here altogether. The closest gang members are miles away. They won't get here in time." He said in distress.

"Fuck." I hissed. "He's not here to fight, I can promise you that. But if anything happens to her, your balls will be on a platter the next time I see you."

Maybe I was being a bit dramatic and it wasn't his fault, but I needed to direct my anger onto someone.

"Stay here and lay the fuck low. When all these people clear out, do not make the first move of offense. Only when absolutely necessary." I warned.

"I won't. There are men surrounding the perimeter. We couldn't make a move even if we wanted to. There's no way we can take them. We will run out of ammo if we start a shootout."

Given, it was probably my fault that we were in the mess. I usually calculated every step that I took, every move that my gang made when it came to places like this. Daisy distracted me from my work. This was why I wanted her out of my damn life. She was far too much baggage.