Chapter twenty-five

700k reads is surreal. Thank you guys.

*

DAISY

When Mavis and Penny left the dorm, I was left with a silent Micheal standing idly in the doorway. He sent me an awkward look.

I let out a small huff of laughter when he joined in a few seconds later.

"I wonder what crawled up Grayson's ass today." I commented, still hurt by the way he judged my feelings for Jason. I understand that he was looking out for me, and that he and the whole town must probably viewed Jason as this cold-hearted monster, but he was so different with me. "He was always the kind of person who never judged other people's opinions or decisions."

"You can't blame him. Before you showed up to this town, Jason and his gang was literally the reason why people closed there doors at half past nine at night. Before you came he did so many bad things and left no evidence behind. It was so obvious he was supposed to be put away for life but there's just not enough evidence. Everyone knows what a cold hearted scumbag he is, you just don't see it." I felt an unbearable ache in my chest, before trying my hardest not to openly death stare a Micheal. Was I the only one who saw how much of a good guy Jason could be? I haven't really witnessed the bad layers to him. He was rude to me at first, but that didn't mean he was this evil person that Michael claimed he was. Maybe I was being oblivious.

"Please don't. You don't understand either, he is not so bad as you think. Everyone just makes these rumours because they have nothing better to do with there miserable lives." I spat out.

"Daisy-"

"Don't. Nothing you say would change my view on him. Do you have any idea what happened to him when he was just a young boy?" I asked, although not believing how I could act so defensive of Jason. What the hell was happening to me? Before last night, Jason was nothing but rude to me and he even kicked me out of my own dorm. How could I be defending him so much again my own friends and brother?

"Well, we shouldn't let our past define us, Daisy. I thought you knew that more than anyone else."

"And yet here I am; a scared, sensitive and confused little girl because I never had a father to teach me to be strong or a mother to teach me how to be confident. Don't you see, our past does have a big affect on us. Whether we want to realize it or not. Jason came from a troubled family, it's only natural for him to follow in his father's footsteps." I said.

"Alright, fine." He held his hands up in surrender, looking quite surprised at my outburst. If anything, I was surprised too. "We all have terrible pasts, some much worst than others. Whatever, when he does hurt you though, I wouldn't mind if you came running to me for a shoulder to cry on."

"Ugh," I groaned in exasperation and slumped down onto my bed.

"Do you have classes today?" He asked randomly.

"Yeah, a two hour environmental science one. You?"

"Nope."

"Lucky for you. Will it be okay if I stay this one in? I need sleep." I whined, feeling envious that none of the guys had classes today; I was left alone to suffer on my own. And now I had no distraction to stop me from thinking too much about what happened last night and how much it changed the way I saw Jason now. Before all of this a small part of me still thought wearily of Jason. I was nervous around him and always on edge. But one night had changed it all.

It was like I was some stray and dumb princess that got kidnapped and was saved by a knight in shining armour. And now that idiot princess - being me - was obsessed with the knight.