Chapter thirty-three

A/n. Remember that the current year in the book for the characters is 2018 since I wrote it then.

***

DAISY

I was late to Chemistry for the fourth day in a row, and I swear my professor have had it with me already. He was understanding and patient with students sure, but not when they disrupted his lessons continuously and came up with a lame excuse each time. I steadied my books in my hand, making sure the loose pages never fell out. Before I knew what was happening, I knocked face first into a chest.

"I'm so sorry!" I said in apology. When I looked up I immediately looked away once again, my heart suddenly beating loudly.

"Daisy." I heard him pull in a sharp breath. "Why the hurry?"

"Our grades will be uploaded today for our second chemistry practical," I couldn't help to contain the excitement in my voice. "I can't wait to see my mark and I'll be late if I don't get there now..."

"I'll go with you. Since I do have chemistry now too."

"That's okay." I mumbled, awkwardly looking anywhere besides at him.

"My face is over here." Jason grumbled. His hand gripped my chin before pulling my face towards his. My eyes met his, and for a split second I forgot how to breathe. They were so beautiful.

"I don't see why I should look at you now when you couldn't even come up with an excuse as to why you decided to break my heart." I said, not being able to contain the sadness in my tone.

Last night I had my sleep over at Penny's dorm with both her and Mavis. I told them about what happened that day as a reason of the giant bruise on my face. I also told them about my encounter with Jason after he decided to avoid me, but I left out specific details like Jason threatening to kill the person who accidentally kicked me in the face. I didn't want them to think that he was crazy.

"After what you said that night you expect things to be normal now?" He raised a brow, looking at me expectantly. I wanted to slap his sexy face so hard, he wouldn't be able to see the next sunshine. "We were doing so fine and then you had to go talk some shit about love."

"Some shit?" I hissed out, stepping backwards. I needed to put some distance between us before I strangled him. "You absolute asshole, how could you say that? I just told you how much I loved you and you reacted the way you did."

"Loved?" He narrowed his eyes, stepping towards me and filing the empty space between us. "So you don't love me anymore?"

Was this a freaking game to him?

"No, I don't." I said coldly. "Why would I love someone like you anyway?"

Not a second later I found myself pinned against the wall, Jason glaring down at me darkly. My eyes went wide on their own accord in surprise.

"Someone like me?" He growled. "Fuck you, Daisy. You're fucking hurt because I couldn't say the words back to you. Now you're trying to hurt me."

"No." I whispered. "That's not true."

It was true. It was very true.

"Yes it is," He said dryly, his arms caging either side of my head. "But the best part is, your heart it out there for me to break. Vulnerable and fragile. Mine is not. Which is why I have so much power over you and not the other way around."

Tears formed in my eyes before I could stop them. "Why are you doing this?"

He looked taken aback for a second, before his eyes turned cold again.