Chapter four

DAISY

I shut my book closed and sighed in relief. My last class was finally over, which was environmental studies. It wasn't as boring as I imagined, especially since I had all of my new friends by my side, including Penny and Mavis. I seemed to open up to them perfectly fine, which was surprising to me considering my trust issues. Besides that, the day was nearly over and the group decided to give me a little tour of the place. Not the campus since we were all a little bit confused with it, but around the town. Where apparently everyone lived.

When last have I considered someone a friend?

I was nearly on my way out of class, when a slim hand gripped my elbow.

"Hold up, Pink."

Great. I knew that haunting voice from a mile and South. I didn't mean to be rude or judge her, but she was friends with Jason. And he. . . sort of scared me. I slowly turned around, facing the she-devil herself; Purple. Or should I say Alexis- number two of the duo two, partner in crime with Jason Black, and possibly his girlfriend.

"Uh, hello, Alexis is it?" I greeted politely.

"Yes, I wonder how you know that." She placed a mocking finger on her chin in make-believe thought. "Well, seeing as you are hanging out with Michael and his bunch of pussy friends, I believe I know why."

"Look, Alexis," I said calmly. "I know that Jason might have told you that my friends and I have talked about you, but I swear-"

"No, no, forget that. I'm here to know why the new girl in town in sitting with losers," she rose a brow. "And why you bailed on me on your first day here?"

"I just didn't think you liked me too much. I thought I was bothering you by asking you for directions." I said truthfully.

"Oh please, Pink. You could do better than that."

"Better than what?" I asked.

"I thought you were better than the way you looked,"

Ouch, I never saw that one coming.

"Like a judgemental bitch."

I narrowed my eyes and frowned. Did I really come off as a judgemental bitch? Everyone except my new friends had been giving me that 'look'. The same look as what Alexis was giving me right now, calling me a judgemental bitch. In the week that I have been here so far, I've came to realise that people here didn't appear nice to strange things they were unfamiliar with. What was so wrong with me? Was it how I dressed? I liked my style and I seriously wasnt going to change it to suit peoples liking.

"And is that seriously Jason's jacket that you're wearing?" She rose a brow. Before I could say anything, a voice called from behind.

"Alexis?"

We swivelled around at the same time to see a guy walking towards us. Despite the deepness of his voice, he spoke really reserved. He had tattoos all over his arms and peeking from his loosely hanging black shirt. My eyes met his and they were shining lightly with yellow flecks in the bright hazel. I was rapt by the beauty of his eyes, it seemed so similar to Jason's too. But then again, why would I be comparing his eyes to Jason's? Ugh.

On instinct, I smoothed out my skirt and touched my hair, just to make sure I wasn't sporting a bird nest due to the wind. In no way was I trying to impress anyone, I usually didn't, but for some reason I wanted to come off as at least tolerable to look at.

"Ace? Hey!" Purple gushed and stumbled towards Hazel Eyes. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him so tightly, I feared she would strangle him. Ace? What kind of name was that?