Chapter twenty-three

DAISY

"Good, now take it off. We're going to have a shower."

I sent Jason a look. My expression most prominently asking him, what the hell, but also establishing that there was no way I was going to be taking a shower with him. Just because we shared kisses didn't mean it suddenly gave him the pass to expect me to shower with him. I mean, damn.

I was so grateful towards him for coming back for me. I was glad that he cared enough, and I felt so at ease knowing that although I might have established Lucien as a new enemy a few hours ago, I also had Jason to protect me. This little and ridiculous concept that I have managed to concoct up in my mind was the only thing keeping me from slapping the balls off of him for playing with my feelings and then kicking me out of his car and into the cold of the night.

He really did a number on my emotions, but he was showing care towards me recently, too. For fucks sakes, I was conflicted.

"Excuse me, but what gave you the idea that I would take a shower with you, no questions asked?" I demanded.

"You don't have to get naked, you idiot. And I won't get naked too. It would be a harmless shower."

"I am not an idiot!" I said in a rush, actually feeling offended. It felt like he was calling me an idiot for my lack of sexual physical experience with anyone. I was glad that I had my virginity intact. I wasn't ashamed at all.

"Daisy, the water is warm already and wasting away. Get in the damn shower now." He all but demanded, suddenly standing up. If there was one thing I learnt while knowing him, was that he just loved to make demands.

"I will, when you get out." I said pointedly. Sure, I was still shaken with the recent events and I just wanted to be close to Jason and his strong physique, to give me some confirmation that I was okay, but I was also adamant on showering alone. For one, my dignity was still in tact and two, he was truly going to give me a seizure by being half naked in all his hot glory, under the shower to make the situation even worse.

I didn't want to get a heart attack at my tender age.

"I'm not getting out." He said stubbornly.

"Oh my god, Jason, get out." I said, tugging on his arm and trying to get him out, but he didn't budge. Truth be told, the petrol was really starting to irritate my skin.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Jason-"

"For fucks sakes! I said no!" He all but yelled.

I jumped at the loudness of his deep voice echoing thought the small space of the bathroom. My heart raced in surprise, feeling startled. He'd never actually yelled at me like that before, and it was all but startling.

"T-Then I won't shower." My lips wobbled as I spoke. I was far too stubborn for my own good.

"Fuck, I didn't mean to yell at you, Sweetheart." He groaned, wiping a hand over his face. "It's just that you have been tied to a fucking chair less than two hours ago, and that prick put his hands on you. Your wrists are still red from being tied down so tightly, and although I'm acting fine, I'm actually livid on the inside because all I want to do his break something, or sock someone in the goddamn face."

I was breathing heavily at this point. I couldn't explain how I was feeling. I had mixed emotions of fear, exhilaration, and excitement. I hated violence but hearing him speak about hurting someone for me made me feel... Something weird inside. Something bad. Oh god. His craziness was already affecting me.