Chapter thirty-six

DAISY

"I don't really come from London."

The cold silence was deafening. Jason stare was unnerving and in all honesty, I just wanted to melt into the carpet rug and officially become apart of the thing. It would be much better than facing reality, and the lies I'd been carrying for the past four months. I waited impatiently for Jason to say something.

"No fucking shit hey."

"What?" I squeaked out. I was expecting many things to come out of his mouth, but that was not one of it.

"London? Seriously? I knew you were lying the moment you told me it that day outside the coffee shop you and your friends always seem to go to."

"I don't understand." I breathed out, my grip on my sling bag becoming tighter.

"First of all, you have a purely American accent. Why would you make up such a stupid lie? Second of all, I've been in a gang since I was damn fifteen. I know when someone is lying. Especially when they are a really bad liar like you." He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

My face heated up in embarrassment. There was humiliation written all over my face.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked softly, praying to the Lord to just let me melt into the carpet.

"I couldn't care less at the time, and when I started falling for you I didn't wanna point it out either. Asking you if you really came from London would be stupid. I've been waiting forever for you to tell me the truth." He said, a sigh escaping his lips. "Don't keep such secrets from me Daisy and don't lie about something so big either. I know it sound weird coming from me but trust in a relationship mean a lot to me. I haven't kept anything like that from you."

My lip began to wobble, signalling those annoying things called tears were in dire need of some fresh air. I willed them away.

"I'm really sorry, Jason." I apologized, forcing the words out of my clogged up throat. "Please don't leave me because of this. I swear it will never happen again." I rushed out, feeling the crushing pain of the thought of living without him.

He walked forward, his eyes trained on my face. I was waiting expectantly for his reaction, expecting him to swear at me or even start an argument. Instead, he pulled my head towards his chest. I sighed in relief and inhaled his calming scent, wrapping my arms around his waist. He rested his chin on my head, running his hand up and down my back soothingly.

"Of course I won't leave you."

I nodded slowly, melting into him.

"I want you to tell me where you really come from, and this time don't lie." He said slowly.

"I can't." I whispered. "You will hate me."

"Of course I won't. Where in this world can it be so bad that I will hate you?"

"Trust me, you will." I mumbled, my voice muffled by his hoodie.

"Fine. If you won't tell me I'll give you time. But I wanna know eventually, alright?"

"Okay." I agreed, feeling my heart hammer in my chest. I wasn't looking forward for that time to come.

The next day all of our things were moved. The dorm room was completely bare and empty, except for the beds that I had neatly made up and separated back to their original positions. I had my last bag on my back, filled with all my textbooks, notebooks and stationary.

This was a huge step I was taking, moving in with Jason.

"Off to somewhere?" A voice behind me asked.