Chapter thirty-nine

This chapter is longer than usual, and it was a bitch to proof read. I fell asleep twice while trying to edit. I hope you like it :)

DAISY

I awoke the next morning with a massive headache. I groaned and untangled myself from Jason's arms, my head feeling heavy. It must have been due to all the crying I had done last night. I urged my body to sit up and glance at the digital clock standing on my bedside table. It read 7:26. I was so grateful that it was a Sunday because I had no desire to go to classes. When I was fully standing I shrugged on my slippers and fluffy white robe since the weather was cold.

When fully dressed and warm I used the bathroom to do my morning business before I wobbled my way down the stairs and to the kitchen, heading straight to the cabinet that held the medicines and tablets.

I was so grateful when I swallowed two pain tablets. Not only was it my head, but lately I'd been waking up feeling nauseous and uneasy. The kind of feeling that couldn't be solved by medication. I even threw up one morning and cried in the bathroom for absolutely no reason. I also skipped my period this month, but haven't thought much about it. Although it were symptoms of pregnancy, it couldn't be that. I confirmed the last time after I've had unprotected sex with Jason that I wasn't pregnant, and since then I've been on the birth control pill and we've been using protection just for extra precautions. My only theory was that I was coming down with a really bad cold. And for the missing my period part, it happenned to girls all the time.

When my headache started to dissolve but the nauseous feeling was still slightly there, I felt good enough to prepare breakfast for Jason and I. I made some toast and buttered it before placing it on the island. I also took out the jar of jam, some cheese and peanut butter before placing it there too. I usually made something more fancy like pancakes but I really wasn't feeling good.

I sat down on the couch after slowly eating a dry slice of toast, to make sure I didn't upset my stomach. The sound of footsteps could be heard after a few minutes, warning me that Jason had woken up. He took the last of the steps and rubbed his hands tiredly as he walked over to me.

"Good morning." I greeted, flashing him a forced smile.

"Morning, baby. Are you still angry at me?" He asked, taking a seat besides me on the couch. He placed my legs over his lap and pulled some of the cotton blanket over him.

"No, I'm not angry. Just confused." I answered honestly.

"I would completely understand if you were mad. My behaviour last night was unacceptable and you have every right to want to slap me right now." He sounded disappointed with himself. He shouldn't be, I was the one he needed to be disappointed with. Just when he thought he could fully trust me, when we were becoming really close he found out that I lied about my parents, my family. Practically my whole life.

"It's okay, Jason. I forgave you, remember? You weren't in the right mind." I said softly. I scooted closer towards him and lifted myself up to sit on his lap. When I was comfortable I rested my head on his shoulder. His hands immediately wrapped around my waist and held me close.

"I'm still so sorry. I can't imagine you having been an orphan. I thought you were some bratty rich girl when I first met you. You turned out to be so different. So beautiful on the inside and out. So kind and caring, putting up with my shit and forgiving me everytime when you didn't have to." He said quietly, his thumb stroking my waist.

"That's because I love you." I smiled.

"For god knows what reason, I have no idea." He sighed.

"Well, you are attractive." I giggled. "And I love you because despite the darkness and the way your lifestyle is, you always managed to still be so bright. You think that you're a bad person, but I've seen so much good in you. How you saved me a few months ago at that party, how you care so deeply for your sister. It's the small things you do that makes me love you. You might not see it, but I do." I ended off, truly meaning it.