Chapter forty-three

DAISY

If there was a word to describe having no feelings but so many feelings all at once, it would be the word that I could use to explain just how I felt. My body felt so numb, but my mind so active and alive. My eyes would have shot open in shock and I would have drastically got up from my lying position on what felt like a pillow. One of the softest pillows ever. I was smiling in my head. I was in a meadow of flowers, between the crack of a mountain that separated two oceans. Two completely different oceans that would have never worked out it it converged. But the mass of rock sunk and the two oceans met, forming one and becoming so much better and stronger together.

Suddenly, I was standing on top of a building. I was watching the cars zoom past one another as I tried to reach the intended destination in the shortest period of time. It felt so good, to be standing in a beautiful meadow of daisy's and watching the city all at once, like a guardian angel.

It was what they called a dream.

Reality crashed upon me like a tsunami. The kidnapping, the silent room, the fights, and the gunshot. My mind ordered me to feel for what must be the gunshot wound, but my body was unable to comply. I forced myself to move, but I couldn't. I was stuck, lying on a bed with my arms besides me. I suddenly began hearing a noise, the beeping from a heart monitor machine. It was only then I realized that my heart rate had sped up. I could feel it pounding in my chest.

I tried to relax, picturing myself back into the meadow of flowers. When I saw the daisy's littering the lime grass, I relaxed. The heart monitor gradually stopped making a noise.

"Hey," a soft voice said. "You're okay."

It was hard to open my eyes, and I struggled to push my eyelids open. My success was seen when my eyes fluttered open and I stared straight into a white ceiling. I blinked slowly, wondering why I was seeing white. This must be heaven. The gunshot must have killed me.

"Daisy, you're waking up." The voice said again. "Come on, Angel. You can do it."

Only one person called me Angel, and I grew so excited to him that my eyes shot open and I groaned, trying to move my body. I shifted and slowly, with the help of my elbows I lifted myself up. Hands immediately pulled me back down onto the bed.

"You have to lay down, baby. The doctor is going the be mad at you."

I was confused for a moment of time, when reality came crashing to me once again. I imagined myself being in that dark grey room again, with nothing to drink. I remembered the pain I felt all over my back and face. The sudden thought of being smashed into a glass table brought me straight back into reality and I shot up from the bed, causing a stinging pain in my lower stomach. I felt pressure pulling me back, like pins in my skin. Only it was needles, connected to thin little transparent pipes that were connected to machines. The same warm hands of before pulled me back down immediately.

"Hey," the voice said softly. "You're okay. You're fine. No one is going to hurt you anymore."

"Jason?" I croaked out. "Jason." I said again. "P-Please don't hurt him."

Panick surged to my chest before I felt arms wrap around my waist, pulling my head into a warm shoulder. Tears sprung to my eyes and I sniffled, crying quietly into the warm shoulder.

"I'm here, Daisy. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere ever again."

My arms moved on their own to weakly wrap around him.

"Shh." He whispered soothingly, his hand massaging my back up and down gently The worry, panic and pain seemed to subside. My tensed body relaxed into his. He was here. He was okay. I was finally back in his arms. I had a hard time exactly remembering how we got here, but we were here and that was all that mattered.