Chapter forty

I came across an image of a girl who I think could make a really good Daisy! It's how I've been envisioning her basically. The hazel eyes, skin tone and hair color shade are perfect for Daisy.

>>>

>>>

DAISY

Hey Daisy! I'll be inside of the grill downtown by 2pm if you still want to meet up before I leave. I'm so excited to see you. Text me if you're still coming- Cass

I read Cassandra's message with a smile. Today was the day. The day that I would meet up with Cassandra for the first time in six months, and the last day that I would ever see her. She had gotten everything that she needed to move during the months time that she last messaged me about her whereabouts.

I was excited to see her, and absolutely glad that she had gotten her life together. I viewed her profile photo and she seemed so clean and much happier. She wore conservative clothes and the piercings in her face were gone. Her hair was back to its original honey colour, unlike when it was dyed black back when I still knew her. She looked like a different person all together.

I've convinced Jason to drop me off at the grill to meet her. He agreed reluctantly, and told me to promise that I would be safe and careful at all times. He mentioned something about a business meeting related to the gang, so he wouldn't be home all day. I wasn't happy about it one bit and I hoped that he would be okay. Mr Black had reminded me in secret before we left his home about the dangers of Jason's life. I promised him that I would be careful.

I had classes today, my last few classes before exams. Most students didn't show up to the last few, as Jason put it. I was going to attend them but meeting Cassandra and seeing her for the last time seemed way more important. I dressed in a long maxy dress and my denim jacket to keep me warm.

Jason's car came to a stop outside of the grill. He didn't turn the engine off but turned to look at me instead.

"Have a nice time, Sweetheart." He leaned over the console to kiss me on the cheek.

"Thank you, and thanks for bringing me here." I said in appreciation.

"Anytime."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and unlocked my door. In the midst of getting out, I felt Jason's hand latch onto my wrist.

"Be safe, babe. And please call me when you're done. If I don't answer call Ace or Mavis or anyone. I don't want you to take a cab back. I don't trust."

"I'll be fine." I laughed. He was always way too worried about me. "Won't Ace be at the meeting as well?"

"Not this one. He has other matters to deal with, but you can call him if you need to."

"Okay." I agreed. He was so protective in a charming kind of way. "Good luck with your meeting."

"Thanks, Daise."