Epilogue

Guess what?? I'm writing a sequel to Loving Jason! I will post more about it soon on my message board!

***

Epilogue

Four months later

Not once in the past eight years have I ever felt more complete than I did now. Someone wise once said that nothing could be bad for too long, it may exceed the good at times but at points in your life when you thought that everything was ruined, the ending turned out to be great. As great as an ending in a cliche, sappy romance movie or story book. But this was no romance movie, this was the reality of things and maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.

"Where the fuck did you put my car keys, Daisy?"

Or maybe it was, with a hint of good in it.

"I told you a hundred times, it's on top of the fridge where I always put it. You don't have to swear." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't move my shit. If I put something on a certain place, I expect it to be there when I need it again." Jason grumbled, trudging towards the fridge, and unlike me who had to stand on a chair to put his keys on the fridge, he effortlessly raised his hands and retrieved it. I couldn't help but roll my eyes again. He was so rude lately, and I was the pregnant one who was supposed to have mood swings.

"I saw that. I don't like your attitude lately."

"What attitude?" I asked in disbelief. "Just because I want the apartment to be clean and tidy doesn't mean I have an attitude."

"Well don't go putting my shit on weird places like atop of the fridge."

"Whatever. You can leave now since you have it."

Four months of passing had been a lot to handle, being cooped up the entire duration of that time in this apartment with my large and oversized belly. Jason wasn't making it easier by acting like a complete jerk. I couldn't believe him. He was being absolutely sweet and gentle for a month after I recovered from being shot, and after then back to his old brooding self. I didn't enjoy it one bit, but I suspected that it was the fact that he no longer controlled his old gang. He was a wreck without it.

"That's it, you're not gonna say 'bye' or 'have a great day' or something?"

"Have a wonderful, fantastic day." I said sarcastically. I was perched up on a stool near the kitchen island, feeling like I weighed a ton. I suspected I looked ugly, or for a better word, less attractive since I knew of my pregnancy. I haven't been taking care of my complexion the slightest bit. Probably why Jason was being an ass.

"Oh for fucks sake, lose the attitude." He snapped.

"You're the one being a complete dick." I grew frustrated.

"I'm the dick? I'm not the one complaining about every little thing, every chance I get and bitching about small stupid things. It's completely fucking annoying."

"I'm pregnant, you dumbass! You don't give a shit if I'm in pain or if I have morning sickness or whatever the hell it is. All you care about is your damn self!"

He laughed, bemused. "Get over yourself, Daisy."

"You piece of-" I was about to go full on angry rage at him, when a sudden pain stung my lower belly. "Ow." I hissed, doubling over in my stool and nearly falling. Jason was by my side in an instant, all anger in his expression gone and worry replacing it.

"What's wrong?" His hands grasped mine and I forcefully pulled away from him.

"Don't touch me." I protested weakly.