Chapter thirty

Thanks for the beautiful cover lilsblue

DAISY

My eyes blinked open the next morning, as a sleepy yawn escaped my lips. I pulled myself up into a sitting position, and cradled the blanket up to my naked chest. My brain felt hazy for a few moments before I felt the memories of last night's events dawned upon me. I gasped as my hands shot towards my slightly sore neck. My hands grazed it gently before they moved towards my lips which were swollen. I grazed my chest and neck area only to feel multiple marks there. I shut my eyes tightly as my entire body tingled, recalling the night's events.

I reached over the pedestal to grab my phone which read past ten am. I had classes two hours ago but the thought hadn't even bothered me. Jason and I fell asleep by at least twelve am and I felt physically drained. I needed more sleep.

A small smile graced my lips as I remembered how incredible Jason had been. He was truly amazing, despite what everyone else believed. Or what he believed himself. He made me see myself as beautiful, it was my turn to make him realize that he was not as bad as he thought. I turned my head to where Jason was supposed to be lying, but found the bedside empty and abandoned.

My smile vanished and when I took in the empty sight of the right side of the bed. I looked towards where Jason and my clothes were supposed to be laying but they were gone. My heart sank right to the bottom of my chest in realization that Jason left before I could wake up. I'd expected him to be around when I woke up, just to make sure that I was okay. It was wishful thinking, and suddenly I cussed at myself for expecting more than last night from Jason. He had been more than amazing, I shouldn't have expected to wake up in his arms like this was some sort of romance movie.

"You're stupid." I mumbled out to myself, before releasing a long and tired sigh.

"Who's stupid?"

My head turned so quickly to the direction of the voice, I swear I could have sprained it. My lips parted in surprise when I saw Jason standing in the doorway of the bathroom, in nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist. My heart rate sped at the thought of being close so him after every thing that happened last night. I could feel my face heat up and I cursed my body for always betraying me like that.

Subconsciously, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I hoped it didn't look like a bird's nest.

"I was, uh, talking to myself." I mumbled out.

His eyes were heatedly scrutinizing me, the amusement clear in them.

"Of course you were." He smirked as he moved away from the door before he began closing up on me. I watched his every step nervously and bunched my hands up in the blanket. Relief flooded me when I realized that Jason wouldn't just leave.

"Why didn't you wake me up for classes?" I questioned breathlessly when he sat down on the bed, in nothing but his towel. I tried not to look at his six pack but it was rendered really hard for me to not when they were shining so lovely from the water. He smelled like fresh soap and his amazing after shave. I wanted to inhale him but that would be weird.

"I only woke up a half hour ago. Besides, I didn't think you'd want to go given everything. . . we did last night."

I blushed and let my hair curtain my face.

"You were amazing, darling." Jason said quietly after long silence. "I'm so sorry if I hurt you in the beginning. I'm not used to. . . holding back like that."

"It was worth it." I blurted out and looked up into his eyes. "And you were amazing too. Thank you for taking care of me." I mumbled with a small smile, feeling appreciation grow in me at the thought of last night. He had been so gentle and treated me with care, like I was a fragile piece of glass that would have broken if dealt with any other way. I didn't think any guy could have that amount of patience.