Chapter three

DAISY

Fear has been the only thing I had been feeling since I got out of bed the morning. Or better yet, the moment I came to realize that it was the first day of classes. It meant new friends, new teachers, harder work, and not to mention the directions. I hadn't exactly been given a tour of the school, so you could imagine the amount of anxiousness I was feeling. I awoke six am in the morning, by a loud bang indicating that Jason had left at the time.

I groaned and rolled over, after my mental debate over if I should just skip the day. That idea sounded quite pleasing, but I wouldn't want a bad reputation on my first day. Even if I did skip the first day, it wouldve meant that tomorrow would then be my first day.

First days of school were inevitable.

The week had been going relatively okay. I had met up with Penny about three times, where we had coffee and heart to hearts about life in a tarts and coffee shop called Sweet Kisses. I had fallen in love with it the moment I stepped foot into the cute little café. It was close by, so I imagined myself going there occasionally. Penny and I had a unique, spontaneous bond. As if we could relate to each other's thoughts and feelings instantly, and I liked that. I felt like I was already improving my life. My fresh start was going well.

As for my roommate, I rarely saw him. He was always out late at night and crept back in in the mornings at about five am. He slept until noon after that and left yet again when I got back to the dorm after leaving with Penny. I appreciated that. I didn't want to speak to him after he had judged me on the first day, and besides that, I was generally an awkward person. What would someone like him and someone like me talk about anyways? The weather?

A sigh escaped my lips. I pulled out a high waisted, knee-length, floral skirt from Jason and I's shared closet, with a white crop top and a pair of black flats. I wanted to look pretty, not only because I got self-conscious but also because I wanted to look good in front of Penny's friends. They were coming back from a trip and, as Penny said, I was exactly their type of friend. I couldn't wait, Penny's perspectives on them were great. They were an odd group of five altogether. From the oldest, it was Michael, Jaxon, Mavis, Grayson and lastly Penny. I really couldn't wait to meet them.

After taking a quick shower I dressed in my chosen outfit and packed my bag. On the verge of stuffing a fat chemistry textbook in my bookbag, the door suddenly burst open. On instinct, I jumped in fright. I held a frightened hand over my heart and spun around. In all his might and glory, a sexy looking Jason stood before me with a nonchalant expression on his handsome face. Was I seriously finding this prejudice jerk handsome? If his personality didnt suck so much, he would be the ideal school-girl crush.

"Good morning." I greeted him, throwing in a smile. See how I was being nice even after he was rude? People deserved second chances when they made mistakes. However, only if they regretted it and felt guilty. If they didnt, they didnt deserve any second chances.

"Hey." He muttered. Okay, this was progress.

"What have you been up to?" I asked curiously.

"None of your business." He suddenly snapped.

"Gee, relax." I rolled my eyes and proceeded to continue packing my bag. I was stopped short after a long moment when a hand was suddenly placed on my waist. I froze mid-pack.

"You look beautiful." His deep voice whispered next to my ear.

I suppressed a shiver of delight. Lets just say, I have never had any male contact that was pleasant before. The feeling was foreign.

"Thank-"

"But it's too revealing. Go change." He demanded suddenly.

I frowned at his change in attitude and reluctantly spun around.