Chapter 2 - Wish me luck

It was the morning of my first day of university and to say I was nervous was an understatement.

Everything has been going smoothly for the past week that I've been here. I requested a privet room and was lucky to find out that it still had two twin beds like any other room would. It worked out well for James and I. I got a job helping teach kids ages 5-8 three times a week and it payed 50 bucks a day which was great. Not only that but James payed for his share with money that was deposited to each angel each month. He was very vague about the whole situation but I assume it was because he hadn't payed attention when it was explained to him. I mean technically they would have told him about it before he came down to earth and he was ten when he came down and I don't think any ten year old cares about the details of receiving money. James hasn't shown himself to anyone other than me since the day I finished high school so it was hard doing some things but he actually wasn't supposed to unless he had to and even then he is not allowed to reveal that he's an angel. We found a cafe across the street from my dorm building that was small and not very busy, so it was perfect. Plus it had a dimly lit corner booth that hid James while he was eating and if we talked lowly no one noticed. Like I said before everything had been going smoothly. But now I actually start school, start going to classes, start being around people that I will spend time around for the next four years. I was excited about the whole art thing but the people, uh, I am worried that history might repeat itself.

Dreading exactly that I dragged my body out of bed and into the shower. The warm water woke me up and after I had changed into black jeans and a tee shirt I pulled on a Bring me the horizon sweater that I didn't plan on taking off until I got back and changed into my pj's, and quickly tied my hair in a loose braid. Coming back into the bedroom I found James still past out on his bed and most of my worries vanished. I didn't care if I didn't make any friends, I didn't care if I had to deal with teasing again, I had James and he was the best of friends, all I could ever need. With a small smile I stuffed my planner, notebook, sketchpad, notebook, pencil case and wallet into my canvas bag. I let my bag fall down beside the door while I pulled on socks and black converse runners. Stuffing my phone in my back pocket I pressed one knee onto the edge of James' bed, kneeling on it as I leaned down to lightly shake him awake.

"James I gotta head out now." I told him in a quietvoice causing him to groan in protest but roll on his back anyways. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, a smile starting to make it's way onto his face.

"Why do you have to go to classes so early." He complained as his sleepy smile turned into a small pout. I had to admit he looked very cute while doing that.
"I never said you had to come with me, I'm just letting you know where I'm going and that I should be back around two. That's when my last class for today ends." I told him as I leaned back up straight.
"Mm... Alright." He said turning to go back to sleep but still faced me closing his eyes for a second before opening them and repeating the same actions.
"Wish me luck." I mumbled as I stood up, starting to worry again. I mean how could I not, my luck hasn't been the best for the past eighteen years of my life so why should it change now? I know I said I could handle the teasing if I had James but that was easier said than done. Before I could even take one step towards my bag James warm, soft fingers laced around my wrist pulling me down on him. Some time since I'd stood up he had rolled back onto his back so I landed against his chest, my arms pinned between us.
"You won't need it. Everyone will love you just like me because this is a fresh start and the people here are smarter, they should know just by looking at you how great you are." He said with a encouraging smile. I blushed lightly at his words and got off of him in a rush, almost stumbling from the sudden movement. I wasn't used to words that complemented me.
"Thanks. I'll see ya in a bit." I told him picking up my bag and grabbing the keys off my bedside table.
"Mkay, I might look for you in class."
"You'll still be asleep when I get back." I joked with a small laugh, but even though I was joking I was also serious. I quickly learned that James is actually pretty lazy, he sleeps like all the time, if he's tired or bored, or has a thousand things he could be doing but chooses to sleep.
"Ha ha." He replied sarcastically before I left, shutting the door behind me. I locked the door behind me still laughing quietly to not draw attention to myself. I shifted my bag's strap on my shoulder before stuffing my keys in my front pocket. I let the lanyard my keys were attached to hang out of my pocket as I made my way down two flights of stairs and out the dorm building doors. Letting the doors fall shut behind me I made my way towards my first class. The history of art. I actually couldn't wait for this class. My previous school was on the good side of town but it still didn't have an art program, the only art I've done has been on my own. But because of that I had no idea about the history of it, sure I'd heard the names of a few great artist but I'm ashamed to say that I know almost nothing about it. So I was excited for this class, I would finally learn what I needed to, what I wanted to.