Chapter 12 - These pants are uncomfortable

The rest of the week had come and past and Saturday had arrived. I was saying goodbye to James and headed out to meet with Jack, Crystal and Sage so we could get Halloween costumes. Like he said he would James had given me a fair amount of money and told me "I like pirates" and sent me off. I'm pretty sure that was his hint that he wanted me to get him a pirate costume. When I found the trio standing outside their dorm building we took off and bordered the city bus to downtown. Crystal and done some recherche, meaning she looked up 'Halloween stores', and chose the closest best looking one. The drive was fairly short considering the driver had to stop at other places before we finally pushing the button and got off right in front of the store. The building looked massive on the outside but seemed to be even bigger on the inside, two floors with rows and rows upon selves and selves of costumes and accessories. None of us had any idea what we wanted to dress up as (except that I knew I needed to get James a pirate costume) so I had a feeling that we'd be here a while, but not just because of that. The second we entered Jack ran over to an aisle of accessories and we followed, a little slower, behind him. He pulled on silly glasses and a purple feathered scarf tossing stuff at he three of us. I laughed at the glasses he'd thrown at me before turning to see Crystal and Sage putting them on. With a shrug and a grin I followed suit and pulled on the over sized glasses and black boa. Aw, he knew me so while, either that or he just noticed I wear a fair amount of black. Anyways, Sage insisted on us taking a picture before moving on to really look for costumes. All of us posed in different ways as Sage clicked the button on her phone. She giggled down at it before returning her phone to her back pocket and we took everything off. Still covered in feathers we continued to venture into the store as Crystal told us how we were going to do this. Because knowing what one another would be going as and trying on just one thing so we'd grab four each and try them on, showing one another but we wouldn't tell or show each other we one's we would buy. I agreed, seeing as one I had nothing else to do today, and two it seemed like fun. This would technically be my first Halloween, when I was little and my dad just ignored me I obviously couldn't go out on Halloween and so I just never dressed up before now I guess. Even when I got older I didn't see the point since it had already been kind of ruined, and no one else gave me a reason to dress up.

Spending a fair amount of time walking up and down aisles and going back to aisles we'd already been down we all finally had four costumes in the bags the store lent people to carry their items. I also had a second bag with the perfect things for James' pirate costume. We made our way to the second floor for the second time, only this time it was to find change rooms to try everything on. The store was a mess but I think I found some pretty decent costumes.

"Alright, let's go." Crystal said before we each ducked behind a thick curtain and into a small room than only had a mirror on the back wall. I quickly changed into a dress much like the one Merida wore in Brave and loosely tied a belt around my hips. Coming out at the same time as my friends I see Crystal dressed in a Kida (from Atlantis)costume. It worked well since her hair was currently a platinum, sliver like color. Sage wore a yellow dress like the one Bell wore, except it went down to her knees, not the ground, but I still thought it was the perfect princess costume for her because her hair reminded me of Bell's. Looking over to see Jack dressed as Eric from the little mermaid I can't help but wonder how we all grabbed Disney costumes and all try them on first. We all laughed, probably thinking the same thing before all looking into the single mirror outside of the change rooms.

"What do y'all think?" Crystal mused causing Sage and I to giggle.

"I think these pants are uncomfortable." Jack complained with a scrunched up face.

"I think that color looks great on you." Sage complemented before we both told Crystal her costume suited her. After that we changed again, and again, and again before we finally decided which ones we wanted. After paying separately we left the store around four to head back to the dorms. I decided to get off two blocks from the school so I could pick up a pizza for James and I. When I finally got back to the dorms James wasn't there. But the second I placed the pizza down on my desk, dropping my bag beside my bed along with the bags with our costumes, James suddenly appeared causing me to screech out surprise.