Chapter 33 -Why do you stay?

*Buzz* *Buzz*

Rolling off my bed I searched for my phone, unlocking it to read the message I'd just received. The name Max had given himself in my contacts popped up.

Hot stuff: I'm boooored

Me: Aren't you working?

Hot stuff: Yes

Me: So why are you in your phone? Do your job or you'll be caught.

Rolling my eyes playfully I climbed back on to my bed and picking up my book, planing on continue to read it when my phone goes off.

Hot stuff: No I won't, I'm closing tonight which means I'm all alone :(

Me: Don't say that...you've got your customers to keep you company, and busy

Hot stuff: Not true. There's only one old guy here and I've already served him his food and his glass is still full. See

When Max first gave himself that name in my phone I'd laugh every time it came up on my screen, which seemed to be more and more now a days. But now...well it just seemed normal.

Hot stuff: Come keep me company

Hot stuff: Reeeeeeeed

Hot stuff: Answer me

Hot stuff: I said come keep me company

Hot stuff: Not ignore me

Hot stuff: Ashton whatever-your-middle-name-is Reed answer me

Me: Chill dude. Can I not put on normal clothes?

Hot stuff: Just come entertain me

My checks instantly fired up and I nearly threw my phone across the room. No, I'm being silly, he obviously just meant he's bored and lonely and wanted someone to talk to. Right, no other meaning behind, my brain was just imagining crazy things.

Me: Text me the address

After quickly writing a note for James who still wasn't back and leaving it on his bed I slipped on my white converses knowing they would look good with my black skinny jeans and knitted gray sweatshirt. Once I got to the café Max works at, Mickey's diner, I took note of how cute the place was. It had an old fashion theme to it, with a big sign and wall length windows along the front of the brick building. Inside the floors were black and white checkered and an old jukebox stood against the right wall. Tables meant for different sized groups were set up, two booths in each back corner, twisting high chairs were set up along the bar counter, a clock centered on the wall above the bar telling the time, 10:52. Geez I can't believe he was dragging me out so late at night.

As I took a seat in one of the black leather cushioned chairs at the bar counter I noticed the old man Max had mentioned, sitting alone at a table for two almost done his order of French fries. I grabbed a menu and checked out what they had here while waiting for Max to come out from wherever he was back there and thought that everything looked pretty tempting.

"Finally you're here." Max's familiar voice suddenly said as he came out dressed in slim black jeans and a white button up tee shirt with the sleeves rolled, the diners name sewn along the breast pocket. Damn, who knew anyone could look so good in their diner uniform. Wait, I did not just think that...did I?

"Oh don't be such a big baby." I tease before asking causally, "do you always close up on Fridays or..."

"Try every night I work here. I close up at eleven on Fridays, nine o'clock Sunday, Monday and Thursday's." He replied leaned against the counter.