Chapter 34 -She must be a lucky girl

The next morning I went to breakfast with James like everything was normal. Ever since the winter break James has been eating with us in the cafeteria sometimes. I don't freak out so much because he doesn't do it often, and usually in the morning when there aren't as many people. I didn't want to leave James locked up in the room and reasoned with myself that maybe James was right and I was just overreacting. No one really paid him much attention and no one, except Max, knew what he really was.

We found Jack and Blase eating breakfast and chatting at one of the tables so after we got drinks and food we joined them. James sat next to Blase who sat next to Jack, deciding to even it out I sat on the other side of the table.

"Good morning." I said with a welcoming smile, James and I earning similar greetings in return. "How did the studying go?" I asked remember that when I left Max's room last night James was helping Blase with his maths studies. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when Blase turned a light shade of pink. I didn't think much of it though as he cleared his throat to answer.

"Good. James is like a math genius, it's crazy."

"I am a man of many talents." James commented, fluttering his eyes jokingly. It was kind of fun to watch them interact, James and Blase, since they've only met a couple times. The conversation continued on lightly and before I knew it I was out of coffee but still a little tired.

"I need more caffeine, I'll be right back." I say excusing myself to get more coffee. They acknowledge my comment before diving back into whatever guy thing they were talking about. I know it's a Saturday but why did Crystal and Sage both have to sleep in. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out with the guys and usually have no problem joining in on the conversation but sometimes they were boring, at least to me. I mean you can only talk about the same thing so many times, right?

I waited in a short line of three people who were either getting coffee or refilling their paper cups. Suddenly an arm slung itself around my shoulders and I instantly knew it was Max, he was the only one who ever did that to me. He dropped a kiss on my head and I could feel myself heat up. I turned to look at his hand that was dangling off my shoulder knowing it was the bruised one. The swelling went down and the bruises weren't as bad as they could have been.

"I see you listened to my suggesting." I noted in greeting as we moved up the small line.

"That was a suggestion?" He asked making a funny face, a teasing confused looked crossing his face. After sticking my tongue out at him childishly he properly replied. "Of course I did."

"How are your other battle wounds." I asked jokingly, but the concern was real. I still thought it was my fault he even ended up in that fight despite him protesting against that over and over again yesterday. Moving away from his arm I stood in front of him and lightly grazed my fingers the small cut on his lips before blushing furiously. I barely thought about what I was doing until I noticed how intensely Max was looking at me. It wasn't a bad intense though. Snapping out of my fazed state I turned around and filled my cup with more coffee adding cream to it as Max got his own coffee adding sugar and cream.

As we walked towards the table with our friends I comment, realize he never had the chance to answer, "Your bruises seem pretty good. There's no swelling. Plus, blue looks good on you."

He rolled his eyes playfully before saying, "Well I'm glad at least one person thinks so." I giggled as we sat down, James, Jack and Blase stopping their conversation to say hi to Max.

"Man when did you get back last night, you were out like a light when I left earlier." Blase asked Max as he took a sip from his coffee. Taking a drink from my own coffee I turned to see how he would answer.