Chapter 9 - What are you doing here? Again.

I had another nightmare during weekend, now making that four since the party, which actually isn't that bad when I think about it. Plus they've been worst before, although they do deprive me of some sleep, those words from the party brought up memories I couldn't push away at night.

The week went by with a bit of a pattern. Coffee each morning, a muffin or fruit at my break before making my way to my next class and diner that night with James. Me always a bit tired and quiet but I still smiled every now and then. Work went by great and Noah always cheered me up so much, which I really needed. I had a couple more nightmares but they weren't bad, I think the only reason I'm still getting them is whenever Angela passes me in the hallway or outside she mumbles something cruel. Honestly this girl needed to get over it but she just wouldn't. Molly seemed to worry a bit about me, she could tell I was tired even when Noah made me laugh and smile. That's probably because I have bags under my eyes, they aren't super bad so you can't really tell unless it's well lit. But losing a bit of sleep almost every night for like two weeks does that to a person. I met with Jack, Max and Blase Monday and Wednesday and we got most of our notes organized, decided what Max and Jack wrote could go with what Blase and I wrote. Next time we meet, tomorrow, we'd really start the presentation. Both times the four of us worked on it in the library Max had that same look in his eyes from the previous Friday but didn't say anything. Friday after class James noticed I was feeling a little burnt out and decided he was taking me somewhere. So I changed out of the sweater I had on into a thin black long sleeve with 'My Chemical Romance' written across the front in white letters, keeping on my black skinny jeans. Even though it was a little cold outside I didn't mind the breeze as I followed James down the pavement. I raised an eyebrow at James when we stopped in front of an ice cream shop a couple blocks away from the school.

"Really?" I asked. I had nothing against ice cream but now?

"Of course. Wait here." Before I could protest he walked in and I knew everyone could see him now. I huffed in annoyance but let him do it. I decided I worry to much about him, he can handle himself and it's not like he was telling anyone he was an angel. But if he made this a regular thing he was going to get an ear full from me. Taking a seat on the old, but stable, bench that sat outside of the ice cream parlor, I leaned back and began to message my right hand. It was a little stiff from holding a pencil for so long. I do have a pretty tight grip on my pencil, which I really should stop doing but it was the same thing as me being tense. It wasn't going to stop any time soon if at all. Maybe two minutes later I hear my name called out by a voice belonging to the most charming little boy I know, Noah. He came barreling towards me with a his mum a few steps behind him, and jumped up to hug me. Wrapping my arms around him I lifted him up onto my lap as I hugged him back.

"Hey, Noah. What are you doing here?" I asked sweetly as I pulled back. Shifting in my lap he pointed to his mum, who was walking towards us and said,

"Mummy promised me ice cream if I kept my room clean all week!" He announced proudly.

"Ya?" What kind of ice cream do you like?" I asked with my arms still loosely wrapped around his little body.  

"Chocolate!" He exclaimed as he mum stopped a foot away from us with a smile on her face.

"Yummy." I told him with a hum.

"Hey Ashton?" He asked.

"Ya."

"Are you sad?" Those were the last words I was expecting to be coming from him right now. I mean I was left completely shocked. "You look sad." I smiled sadly down at the boy in my lap and told him,

"I'm alright, thank you. Just tired from all my school work." It wasn't a complete lie, I was tired but not from school.

"Oh... Here I know how to get rid of sleepiness. Mummy says love always makes people more alive." With the sound of the ice cream parlor door opening Noah leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I swear it was nearly impossible from going "aww" out loud. See this is why this boy is my favorite, so freaking cute. Before I have the chance to say anything James is sitting beside me and says in friendly voice,