Chapter 42 - Little Red

I woke up to find Max feathering my face with kisses. Placed against my cheeks, my nose, my chin, my forehead, everywhere and he didn't stop when he noticed I was awake.

"Hi." I say, voice still filled with sleep and a hint of shyness. I must admit this definitely was not the worst way to wake up but it was also something I wasn't used not. Not that I would mind getting used to it.

Max hummed in response before placing one last lingering kiss on my lips. When he leaned back I wrapped my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him forward for one more kiss before letting him go, face tinted with an embarrassed blush. But you can't blame me, his kisses, his touch, it was all just so addicting, sometimes I just wanted it to never stop. Even before he asked me out we always seemed to be touching in some way. His arm casually around my shoulders, our hands set down a little to close on a table, our arms and shoulders brushing against each other. I'd flick him or he'd poke me, or tug gently on a piece of my hair. But now it was almost like we had permission to touch one another, hold hand, wrap our arms around the other...kiss.

"What time is it?" I ask rolling over to the edge of the bed and sitting up. A thin, soft blanket fell from around me and I knew Max must have put it around me because I definitely did not.

"Just after lunch." He replied easily standing up and lacing his hands together, stretching his arms above his head, his shirt ridding up a little. "Why, you hungry?" He asked as he rubbed his hand against his head and through his hair, leaving it a tempting, wild mess. "I'm sure mum wrapped some food up for us, if not we can just go out." He tilts his head to the side, throwing me lazy smile.

"Stop that." I tell, frustration clear in my voice. I did not need him doing adorable things that made him look impossibly hot right after waking up. I knew I was unreasonably glaring at him but from my point of view it wasn't that unreasonable.

"Stop what?" He taunts, a cocky smirk replacing his lay-back smile. When I don't answer him, he stalks over to me at an annoyingly slow place, much like a wild animal approaching their prey. Oh shit. "Stop what Flower?" He repeats as I step back from him, again, and again, until I can't step back anymore. One hand wraps around my waist, heat seeping through so that I can feel it on my skin, his other comes under my chin, lightly lifted my head up to face him.

My breath catches in my throat when I realize how close he is to me. I open my mouth to protest when I suddenly find my mouth occupied with something else. His lips claim mine as I feel myself being pushed further against the wall as his body cages mine there. Sure Max and I have had a few heated kisses but nothing ever like this and damn did it fee good. He pulls my bottom lip in between his teeth and just when I think he's going to deepen the kiss his lips attach to my neck. I instinctively turn my head to the side, wanting to give him more to kiss as the trails them down my neck, nipping and sucking here and there, earning an embarrassing, breathy moan from me. Just as he runs his lips on the edge of my ear, pressing a kiss on the vulnerable, soft skin behind and right below my ear we hear a shout,

"Maxie! Maxie where are you?" We freeze, hearing Natty search for her brother who was currently claiming my neck as his own. My eyes widen in fear and I push him away, fixing my hair that I knew was messy from his running his fingers through it. I leave a smirking Max behind in the guest bedroom and found Natalie walking out of Max's room looking confused and sad. Her eyes instantly brighten up when she looks up and sees me.

"Yay, Ashy, you're back!" She cries happily, raising her arms for me to pick her up. Even though she had just turned five before Christmas she was still really tiny and petite.

"Hey Natty, I missed you." I tell her as I rest her against my hip, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"Really?" She eyes seeming to become even more excited.