Chapter 5 - One hour for each of us

I had finally given in after about twenty promises were made. Okay well maybe not twenty but I still had a lot of conditions. They weren't aloud to make me do anything I didn't want to. If they got drunk I wasn't helping them, my excuse was because it was bothersome but truthfully it was because I didn't want to be around a drunk person longer than I had to, I've dealt with that enough to last a life time. And I was aloud to leave whenever I wanted to. They agreed, but only because that meant I'd be going with them. But there was still a few hours till the party so I decided to head back to the dorm and hang out with James before they dragged me away.

"You're back early, I thought you were hanging out with the trio."

"Ya I was. But I wanted to hang out with you for a bit cause they're dragging me to some frat party tonight." I replied plopping down in my bed, pulling down my sweater that had risen up when I sat down.

"Are you alright with that?" He asked as concern began to make it's way into his voice. I sighed before replying,

"I guess. I mean I'll have to do it at some point or another. I can't stay in this room for four years straight and besides they might get suspicious if I don't ever go."

"You positive? I know how you feel about all the drinking and stuff." When he said he knew how I felt he really did know. Not only had he seen the result of my father drinking first hand and how that effected me but when I opened up and told him more about my father he learned just how much a despised alcohol. I nodded swiftly.

"I'm not going to drink, obviously, and they promised that they wouldn't make me. They also said that I could leave whenever I wanted to so I'll be fine." He still seemed a bit unsure but I only knew that it was because he was worried about me, which I really did appreciate.

"Alright, but if you need anything, anything at all, just call for me ya?" He asked leaning forward on his bed. I hummed in response reaching for my laptop.

"Wanna watch some Netflix?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows with a smirk. He laughed before saying "Sure." and coming over to join me on my bed. We got comfy before I pressed play on the next episode of 'The musketeers'. We were on episode 4 and as it started I was very confused. It wasn't until we were a few minutes into it that I understood. As the episode went on James and I talked about my classes and when the next episode started we talked about anything and everything, usually making comments on what was happening in the show.

As I was about to click on the next episode my phone buzzed loudly.

"It's Crystal." I told James. "She's telling me to come to her room, probably has to do with the party." I got off the bed and pulled back on the converse shoes I had on before.

"You really are going to it?" He asked again. I nodded grabbing my currently light canvas bag.

"It's like two blocks away from campus so if anything happens I'll call for you." I reassured him one last time before saying goodbye and heading out. I know he was worried about me but I really did hope that he was alright while I was gone. I know he's a big boy and can take care of himself but this is James, he finds ways to get in trouble. A few minutes later I was walking into Crystals room since the door was left wide open, and dropping my bag down on her bed.

"Alright I'm here. why am I here three hours before the party starts?" I said sitting down beside Sage how was already on Crystal's bed, I couldn't see Crystal but I knew she was in the bathroom because the light was on and the door was open. Crystal, Jack, and Sage were all in a different dorm building than me but luckily it was only a couple minutes away.

"One hour for each of us." She explained coming out of the bathroom.

"Can't I just go as I am?" I asked helplessly as I leaned back on my hands.