Chapter 24 - I'd rather be here with you

I don't know how we did it but Max and I managed to avoid his family up until Christmas Eve, when we were all supposed to attend a pre Christmas dinner. It had been almost two days when we had to come down for dinner and that time just flew by.

"No, stop it!" I cried as giggles left my mouth uncontrollably. "Max." I whined as he wouldn't stop tickling me. We had been hanging out in his room, okay more like hiding out in his room but that's beside the point, and we're just hanging out. We seemed to fine more things to learn about one another and I can honestly say I have never known a person as well as I know and vise versa. That kinda scared but how can it not. After being isolated for eighteen years and now here I am, sitting next to someone who might even know me better than I know myself.
"Why, learning that you're ticklish is the perfect weapon to use against you." He said, refusing to stop his actions. I swear if he didn't stop soon I'd die from lack of oxygen, and well maybe sore sides but I don't that can kill a person. I continued to whine, demanding that he stop, but it didn't come out as power as I wanted when it was constantly interrupted by my laughter. "Say 'Max you are the hottest man alive and you are incredibly intelligent'." I rolled my eyes at Max as a refusal to his commands.
"I was told lying is bad." My comment only increased the tickling and I didn't think it was possible. Unable to breath, I gave in to the annoying being who sat on me, who didn't budging no matter what I did. With a huff of irritation I complied, "Max you are the hottest man alive and are incredibly intelligent." My tone was nothing but monotone and that didn't do anything to help me.
"Aw c'mon. You don't sound nearly as convincing as when we played Never have I ever." He told me causing my face to burst up in flames at the memory. Oh my god, why did he have to bring that up, I thought as I continued to squirm underneath of him.
"Maxie if that's all you wanted you should have just said." I joked with a smirk, but my massive blush did kind of lower the power to my smirk. But hey, I can't help that even as I was trying to gain the upper hand.
"Oh, you wish that's what I want Reed." But even as he said this his ears turned red and his cheeks became pink. Now I was giggling for a completely different reason, we were terrible at trying to look smug when it came to each other. Barely able to catch my breath I told him,
"Bambi you are so incredibly hot, not to mention more than intelligent in every way possible." I say using the name I did back at the party. Even with my sides hurting enough already burst out laughing when his hands stopped and his eyes widened, his face going red. Yes, this was definitely a sight to behold. He rolled off of me, laying on his stomach beside me.
"You're so mean." I heard him mumble into the covers of the bed. I let my laughter die down and said,
"Alright, I'm sorry I'll make it up to you. Whatever you want."
"Remember what happened last time you said whatever you want." He said turning his head to look at me. I rolled my eyes at his answer seeing as he didn't even accept my apology. Wow, thanks Max. With a slight pout to my lips I turned my head in the opposite direction.
"Okay, okay. I accept your apology, c'mon I want you to show me something." Scrunching up my face at Max as he got up and began to pull me off the bed i have him a disbelieving look. "Oh calm that mind of yours down. You said you'd do graffiti when you lived here. I wanna see some of it." He explained.
"I don't Max, it's on the other side of town and it's getting late. Besides that's close to where, where I used to live." My voice came out weary at the thought of going near that place. Max grabbed my hands in his and looked me in the eyes so intensely I wanted to look away, but I didn't.
"I shouldn't have asked. I'm already asking so much of you just by being here. I'm sorry." His words came out so sincere that it made me want to show him anyways. I can tell it wasn't trying to guilt trip me or anything like that but I didn't want him to worry.
"It's alright, let's go. Can we just avoid that house." He instantly knew what house I was talking about and with a bit of hesitation grabbed his cold like a had moments ago. We left through the front of the house and climbed on his motorcycle, I directed him to where I wanted to take him. Parking by the curb we climbed off and I grabbed his hand, leading him into the alley. I walked to the very end and let go of his hand as I came to a stop in front of one of the things I'd painted. I was actually kind of shocked to see it still here, walking up to it I let my fingers trace the signature I'd left on the bottom right hand corner. It wasn't my name for obvious reasons but I symbol, I put on everything I made.
"Wow." Max's voice came from behind me in a breathless way. "Ash this is amazing." He came to stand beside me and lightly dragged his fingers over the details I managed to achieve with spray paint.
"It's not much really, one of the most recent ones I've done." It was an image of outer space, with the planets and stars. I have to say that this one was one of my favorite because of the detail I had accomplished.
"Not much?" He questioned in disbelief. "These are fucking amazing why have you never let men seen any of your work before now." I was shocked by how passionate his words came out when he insisted it was good, but the shock didn't stop me from blushing.
"Well, probably because you've never asked. And I usually don't let people see my stuff unless it's for school." I explained to him. We fell silent as Max continued to marvel over the simple alleyway art. After a while I was suddenly dragged from the alley back onto the street by a giddy looking Max.
"I wanna see more." He told me. I laughed quietly and we spent a couple more hours walking around this part of town, looking for allies that I'd painting in, which was a lot if I'm being honest. After about a hundred complements we finally returned to his house and last out in bed around two in the morning.