Chapter 11 - It's now or never

I couldn't believe how much time has past.

Back in my room James asked how my afternoon was and I told him about Max and I deciding to be friends. He seemed weary at first, protect of me of course, but told me if that's what I wanted than that's what Max and I would be. Friends. It was weird, the thought of it. At work the next day Noah was happy to see me happy again and looking better. He thought it was because of his kiss so I let him believe it, I mean that did make me feel better at the time, and it just made me think he's a hundred times cuter. The next two weeks went by in a flash. Our project for the history of art was handed in on time with perfection, and I was confident we'd get at least an A on it. I was actually really proud of the work the four of us got done and thought that we made a pretty good team.

I finished my project for advanced drawing, the picture of the monster and I was really proud of it. We finished our print projects and Professor says next we're going to talk a bit more about techniques since that was just a "warm" We started our first painting but there is a lot of thought that needs to be put in it. I've only gotten half way through sketching it on my canvas. It's fairly large, and it's supposed to be of our home town/ house. My first thought was 'great' in a really sarcastic tone I didn't think I could manage inside my head. But then I thought I could have some fun with this. I'm having it so that it's the view from the forest James and I talked that first night so you can see the back and side of my house along with the lamp post across the street. Because The lamp post is farther away it's a on a smaller scale so I decided that to add two people standing under it's light, a bag over flowing of spray paint cans, it doesn't draw to much attention to it but there's enough detail to get what is there. I smiled slightly to myself when I drew that, I mean when she said home, I wasn't really home until I had James, he's the family I've never had, so it's still my hometown but without people knowing it, it's also the first night I really felt at home.

There are less than two weeks of October left now. My classes have been going smoothly and I'm really happy about that. I've done one project in advanced painting and we just started working on it. We've done two projects in advanced drawing, the monster one, which I got an A on and our interpretation of wonderland. It turned out that the drawing of the monster had more meaning to it than we had all thought. When the day came for us to hand them in she told us to hold on to them for a second while she asked us, "Now what makes it a monster." We were all left speechless because when we were asked something like that we didn't have an answer, at least not right away. When some of us decided on a answer we'd share it to the class but there were some people who couldn't describe it, I was one of those people. I still couldn't put my finger on it. We began working on our second print project around the start of October. This project was a lot bigger, not just because it was on a larger scale but because it needed more thought and counted for a larger part of our grade. We were to think of one word, mine was nemophilist which means: one who is fond of forest or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods, and put an image to it. Since our project in the history of art I've handed in three assays that I am all very happy with. I haven't got the third one back yet but I got A's on the other two, along with our project as well (Yay!). In both English lit we've gotten half way through the fairly thick book and in Old english we're almost done, just a couple more chapters before we do an essay on it. It was now Wednesday after classes and I'm sitting with Jack, Crystal and Sage at our table in the cafeteria, just hanging out.

"Hey Ashton, why don't we hang out in your room. Didn't you say you've got a privet room or something like that." Cristal asked. Taking a moment to contemplate things in my mind I came to a lost. I mean James had been wanting to meet my friends even though he really shouldn't, he keeps saying it doesn't matter cause they'll never know he's an angel. And it might seem weird if I say no to them so if I do let them come over, James being James will show himself, not caring if I'm internally freaking out because he knows I won't be able to do anything about it once it's happened. They gave me odd looks and I wondered if they could see the war I was having with myself in my eyes. Knowing I'm ruled out by my friends and James, even though he's not here, I reluctantly reply,