Chapter 30 - And then they were one

I finally made it to Professor Wade's and could get started on my draft. I was so excited to finally have a can of paint in my hand again, to feel the movements painting like this entailed. It was the best feeling in the world to me, I loved it.

I dropped my bag and things down by the classroom door as it fell shut and I flicked on the lights, brightening the room more than it already was from the sun shinning through the massive wall of windows. I quickly got to work folding the easels and moving them to the sides along with the stool then grabbed the bundle of news paper I'd brought, taping it down to the floor. I don't think Professor would be to pleased to walk in and find her floor covered in spray paint. Once I'd finished that I grabbed my large piece of thick paper, organizing my paints and other tools around it, even thought I was sure it wouldn't stay like that for long. I pulled a hair tie from my wrist, trying my shirt in the back, not wanting to risk getting it in the paint and ruining my painting, my shirt rising just enough to show and inch or two of skin. I grabbed another elastic, pulling my hair up in a messy ponytail before plugging my headphones into my phone and pulling them up and under my shirt. I hit play and shoving the phone in my back pocket, pulling up my pants and getting down on my knees I lean over the page and start. Jet Black heart by 5 Seconds of Summer blasted loudly through my headphones as I reached for the can of white spray paint.

I took my time doing everything perfectly, it might have been a draft but I still wanted it to turn out as good as I could make. I took a break every now and then, giving my back a rest from the leaning over. I don't know why I thought doing this on the floor would be a good idea, I mean I've spent nearly nineteen years constantly tense, never letting my body relax and that's not like that isn't bound to cause I person problems. But still, c'mon, my back it killing me right now.

A while later I had ended up laying on my back, my painting finally complete and on the ground beside me. I brushed a fallen strand of hair away from my brow before sighing out in exhaustion. I'd taken quite a few breaks and so much time to ensure it's perfection that I must have been here for at least five hours, I kid you not. A beautiful acoustic cover of Drown (originally by Bring me the Horizon) played through the tiny speakers that were in my ears. I let my eyes fall shut and continued to lay on the newspaper, my fingers cover in drying spray paint, some already dry. I waited until the song finished and then for the next song to finish, and then the next before I finally opened my eyes and got up. I stretched out my body and shook it out before I began to gather everything up. I left my still damp painting on the ground as I grabbed the cans of paint and everything else, which wasn't much, before throwing away anything else. I rolled up my now completely dried painting and placed it inside it's tube before ripping the newspaper off the ground and shoving it in the recycle bin. By the time I'd finished my palms were blackened from the ink on those pages. I let my hair fall back down before untying my shirt and grabbing my things. I left the class, switching off the lights and locking the door, I placed the key back at the top of the door frame where I had found it. I took off down the stairs and towards my building, humming the song that currently played.

It was Thursday now and and the week had gone by fairly uneventfully. Classes were classes, pretty good for school and only slightly stressful. I'd finished my advanced painting project, well except for the fact that I still need to sign it. I would have taken I bit more time to work on it but I had work Tuesday and again tonight so I had to get it done in just a couple days. The only exciting thing that really happened all week was...

"Where on god's green earth are they?" I demanded as Jack and I continued to sit down at a table in the cafeteria. Sage and Crystal weren't in class this morning and now they were late for our lunch break. They never missed class unless they were sick and that didn't happen often.