Chapter 46 - I'm leaving again

A few days had past and we were heading back in four days, three if you didn't count today which was pretty much over since we had finished dinner already. Max kept his promise, taking me out everyday, always doing something different. I had lots of fun and Max made sure I knew the fun wasn't over until we had left the country. One day we even brought Natty with us which I loved because Max could be such an adorable brother when it came to her. We were currently hanging out in the living room, starring at nothing, as he traced the lines on the inside of my palm causing my hairs to stand on end. It felt so good, and hypnotizing at the same time.

"I know what we should do now." He suddenly says, breaking the peaceful silence that had fallen over us. I hummed in response, beckoning him to go on as I was partly distracted by him still tracing my palm.

"I wanna try something and I need your help because I know you're the expert."

"And what would that be?" I asked sitting up from where I had my head in his lap. I didn't think was an expert at anything.

"If you're cool with it I think we should stop at the store, buy some spray paint and then have you teach me your magic." He said wiggling his eyebrows in a manner that causing me to laugh, unable to hold it in.

"My magic?" I questioned before saying, "Alright, ya. Sounds like fun."

"That's what I was going for." He said as we left the living room. It wasn't dark outside but the sun had begun it's slow descend to the horizon. We stopped at the store and knowing where I was going, instantly made my way down the aisle I knew had spray paint, Max following me.

"Okay Gilbert, what colors do you want?" Max didn't hesitate before grabbing all the colors of the rainbow along with black and white, putting them in the basket thing he was holding. I laughed lightly as I followed him to check out. It was amusing to see him so excited to do this. My laughter died down as we placed our things on the moving belt and greeted the older looking women who stood behind the cashier. She looked bored out of her mind which I totally understood, it was dead in here. When she noticed that she was scanning the bar codes of spray cans and only spray cans she eyed us suspiciously. Max wore a tee shirt under his leather jacket, dark jeans and a smirk that spelled 'trouble' loud and clearly. I swear he was doing it on purpose. I had on my usual black skinny jeans, rips in the knees of this pair along with a black PTV tee shirt. On it was the design of a rib cage, red birds inside side, their band name at the bottom on what looked like a strip of paper. I had quickly through on a black hoodie before we left. We kind of did look like we were up to no good, which we kind of were.

We quickly left the store after paying laughing like crazy people before Max drove us there. By there I mean that part of town. The bad part, the part I grew up in, the part I dreaded to return to. But during Christmas we'd come here and I showed him some of my stuff and nothing happened so I crossed my fingers everything would go just as smoothly. Max parked by the curb and helped me off before grabbing the plastic bag of spray paint, there was only two I grabbed his hand and tried to figure out where we should go. It didn't really matter but it would be better if the alley wasn't on the first block of the street.

We walked down a couple blocked when I abruptly stopped. I hadn't really been paying attention to where we were exactly but I knew now. On the block ahead of us was a bar, a bar that I knew my father always went to because it was close to our house, very close. Max turned to me with a questioning look but I just shook my head pulling him into the alley on this block. I offered him a reassuring as we reached the end- it was a dead end. Even though it wasn't really dark outside yet people on this side of town don't really give a crap about much. If you lived here it was because you had money problems or we're involved with something messed up.