Chapter 36 -You're not my type

The next morning I walked into the History of Art as usual, Jack joining me minutes later. Gasping dramatically as he walked through the classroom door, he exclaimed at me,

"Ashton? Ashton Reed is that you? I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?" I rolled my eyes with an amused smile as he sat down next to me. Dropping the act, he lazily threw his head to the side to look at me. "Busy weekend?" He asked more seriously.

"Not really, just had some homework to get done." I replied easily. It wasn't a complete lie and I wasn't sure if Max wanted me to tell anybody. Yesterday we talked a bot more before leaving and he brought us back. He had brought our intertwined hands up and kissed the back of my hand before heading back to his dorm. Everything ended well but I had no idea what would happen now. Did Max even want to go out with me again? Or did he think it was a mistake? Not wanted to think of the possibilities right now I focused on Professor McKinley who walked in then and began the lesson.

A few hours later I was spending lunch with my friends asking about their weekend. Jack had gone on a date Saturday night and by the sounds of it, it didn't go over to well. Jack said they wouldn't be going out again. But he didn't seem to mind, I don't think he liked her all that much. Crystal and Sage hung out together for most of the weekend not doing much but relaxing. I got back to my dorm room earlier than normal because English Lit had ended up being cancelled. In fact we wouldn't have it at all this week which meant I didn't have any classes with Max, ever since I dropped Old English I no longer say Max as much in between classes or during them. Only sometimes at lunch or dinner but we missed each other most of the time. Not to say that since the second term started I barely see him. We were still friends, maybe more now, but we were. I'd consider Max to be my best friend even if we were something more now. So of course we hung out like friends did but sometimes we were too busy. It made sense but I was sad that I probably wouldn't get to see Max all that much this week.

Shoving down the petty emotion I focused on the friends in front of me. We had more classes together than I ever did with Max so I obviously had the the chance to be around them. We had talked about the projects we were doing in class, especially for the classes we shared.

"Hey Sage, do you think I could see some of your photos. I just realized I've never really seen many of them?" I asked curiously. Crystal praised her constantly and although I'm sure them being smitten had something to do it I didn't doubt the talent Sage had. I still had the photo of us she gave me for Christmas on my nightstand right next to the picture of my mother. It was still in it's original frame, pieces of glass missing. I didn't want to part with the frame I always had it in, I wasn't sure why, but it felt wrong. The beautiful photo of my mother had been in there as long as I can remember.

"Of course. I've still got one more class but why don't you come by tomorrow after were done with Advanced Painting." She told me with a bright smile. I nodded before Crystal added,

"Don't forget to show her my pictures. They are stunning," Sage rolled her eyes lovingly before Crystal finished, "Because Sage can make magic with that camera of hers." She leaned over and kissed Sage only pulling apart when Jack cried out childishly yelling,

"Ew, kissing." Crystal practically lunged across the table to mess with his hair. Not much long later I excused myself to go keep James company. James and I didn't do much. Went on a walk off campus, carried a light conversation and before we knew it we were both hungry. We picked up some pizza and drinks before we went back and watched a movie on my laptop. After it was finished we fell down the rabbit hole until we passed out. I woke up to the sound of my alarm the next morning in an awkward position, an arm thrown off the bed and one of my legs slung across James chest. Like always he slept like a rock even with the bottom half of his body off the bed, my laptop the only thing actually on any of the pillows. I went to class that morning with a kink in my neck.