Present

"Please... Please save me... Oh! Please... You have to take me away from here... They will kill me... Plea... HELP!!!!!"

I woke up upright on my bed. My breath harsh in my throat. The sweat leaving its traces across my body, reminding me of the atrocities my conscience was facing.

It wasn't the first time, I had such a nightmare. It has been five years since then. Five years of the horrifying memory paying me a visit, every time I choose to close my eyes. I tried to get over it in every way possible, but that terrible incident didn't seem to leave me. Her shrieks, her pleas, her cries, still haunted me. If only I could have saved her. If only I wouldn't have been such a coward. She would have been with me, now.

These five years without her has been torturous. There has not been a single living moment, which didn't remind me of her. From dawn to dusk, she was the only thing breathing in my mind. I couldn't forget her, couldn't get over her. Maybe, I didn't just want to.

She was so beautiful, like the first rays of the morning sun, like the dew drops- so clear and pure and brave. She had that aura around her- the strength, the power, the light to fight the world. She was the bravest woman I had ever met.

Meeting her was a boon- a painful boon that I knew... soon.

*****************

Hey readers!!

I am so glad that you choose to read my book. It means a lot to me. I have never written a mysterious love story earlier. So I will be so glad if you could guide me.

Please comment so that I could carry on with the story. And do click the 'star'. Thanks a lot. Happy reads!! Love you all...