Past 3

"Oh! Hey man! Where are you off to?" that was Arnab -yeah, that idiot I mentioned about, suddenly jumped out of nowhere and thumped me hard on the back, while I was on my way to my hostel room. I have no idea where the hell does he find me from!

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I shouted while clutching my back. I knew it would bruise. I could feel the stinging pain on my left shoulder already.

"Cool down, cool down... What's the case man? OK! Whatever it is, skip it and check this out..." he continued without waiting for my answer and displayed some nude-topped, blue film CD. "These are the latest man, we need to watch this, Come on." He had a sick smile plastered on his face making me wonder why the hell I'm still friends with this loser.

I rolled my eyes. Why does he even need those? He can bang any girl he laid a finger on, anytime. He was, after all, the acclaimed play-boy. Giving him a good look, I couldn't help but wonder how the hell he impressed girls in the first place. That needs a good amount of thought and I just wasn't in the mood to waste it just yet. I hated any conflict with Avni. Not that it was anything serious, she was probably laughing her head off right now.

I couldn't help smiling at that thought. She wasn't even bothered about me, being angry. Even though she was a strong person, she still had a little girl in her somewhere... full of life and passion.

"Are we going?" Arnab woke me up from my sweet reverie by snapping his fingers near my face.
"NO... No... I am not feeling very active at the moment. I have got to... umm...hu..." I was trying to find some genuine excuses that he couldn't deny. Something solid.
I looked around me, at the college building for some familiar faces, when the watchman of our college approached me. Superb!

"Yes!" I grinned at Arnab. "I was searching for watchman uncle. We had to talk about..." I looked at the watchman, who had a baffled expression on his face. I knew that look, I had passed it a lot many times when Avni had used me as a bait to run from guys trying to ask her for a date in school life.

He shook his head.
"Abhi babu... the principal wants you in his office, now," he said. Sparing a death glare at Arnab's direction, he walked away. Everyone knew what he did and apparently the watchman was one of the peoples who had to work harder so that Arnab couldn't bring a girl to his room. But surely he wasn't that good at his job.
I heaved a sigh...Thank god.
Perfect timing!
I grinned giving him a thumbs up in my head. "So, you see I got to go" I smiled, tapped Arnab on the shoulder and walked off.

But wait... Was I missing something? Did he say Principal called? Like freaking principal called? Like means... Oh! My! God! Surely I was in some trouble. I could feel a fake panic attack coming my way.

Princi Jagmohan was a very strict person. He was once in the army but after his retirement and his brother, who was the former principal passed away, he took over the administration of the institution. He wanted everyone to be disciplined and punctual like the military. But duh! We were the 'innocent' students, not the 'tough' army. He had some series of rules worked out for the students to follow. And I was the one who broke the most, next to Arnab. I wonder if anyone could ever break Arnab's record. But this was not the time to think about Princi's graceful history, it was time for me to get history.

I walked sloppily to the Principal's office thinking of all the rules that I broke for which he might have personally called me, and trust me, there were just too many. I reached his door and even before I could knock, I heard "Come in"...
Wow, He has got a sixth sense or something? I entered his room. No scratch that... before that, I flattened my gelled hair, pulled up my low waist jeans a bit, and then entered.
You know 'impression'!

"Sir!" I poked my head at the door. "Did you call me?"

"Yes!" he said gruffly. "Are you going to stand there? Come inside".

I pushed the door a little and stumbled inside.
"Go... Goo... Good morning Sir!!" I stammered sweating all over. Yeah, I do get hyper quite easily. Family trait after all. And then I saw something that almost gave me a heart attack. On the chair opposite to Princi sat Mr. Jain with my project lying on the table.

Oh great! Watching that shit with Arnab and jerking off, would have been much better than this. Maybe less entertaining though.

Princi rose from his chair and went over to the bookshelf. "So, you did that project on hacking for Mr. Jain?

What do I say now?
I was already sweating all over and I can be so sure that when I move from where I am standing, I might as well as see a pool of water there... from sweat... not pee, please. Although now I thought of it, I really need to pee.

"I...umm... Yes... I mean..." I started. But then, Mr. Jain thankfully shut me down.

"Of course he did it sir and by the project, it seems that he did some sort of hacking as well earlier." Screw Avni.
"You are intelligent, man! But it's surprising you don't seem to show any intelligence in your exams." Mr. Jain stared at me lifting his eyebrow waiting for an answer.

I opened my mouth breathing in air. Come up with a good excuse, Abhi. I kept reminding myself. Their eager faces staring at me. I felt like Ross. That was the longest someone had been quiet. But before I could think of an excuse, I heard a familiar voice.

"Excuse me, Sir... I can explain. "I turned my head 90 degrees to see Avni in the doorway, smiling.

I looked at her and she winked. Oh oh!

O|GlUU

***************

Here I updated another chapter. Hope you like it.

Thanks a lot paarri for the encouragement and bollywood_dreams and its_me_ash for your likes.

Thank you!! And that's how Avni looks like!!

And A Very Happy Propose DAy!!

Please do like.. comment...share.

Happy Reads people!!!