Past 32

**ABHI**

       I stepped out of the bathroom running my fingers through my wet hair. Where is Karan? He must be in the gym probably. This guy was a body building freak. I went near the full length mirror of our room and raised my arm to check my bicep. Not bad. I really need to tone them up. Maybe Avni will fall in love with me after that.

Thinking of Avni, Karan said that Avni had a surprise for me. Wonder what it would be. The last time she surprised me was by pushing me in the swimming pool fully clothed because I hid her story book.

I wore my tee and went out of my room and barged right in Avni's room. As soon as I entered, I saw her jump in her seat, where she was sitting in her study table sideways, and shut the laptop suddenly. It appeared as if she was seen making out. I meant the same sort of expression as if being caught 'red handed' type.

"What were you doing?" I asked scrunching my forehead, giving her a suspicious look. 

"Uh.. nothing really. Just working on a fashion damned project. Why are you here?" she answered avoiding my gaze.

Why was I here? Oh ya, to look at her. And of course she looked different. She was wearing a erotic hot pants with a tank top. When did she change her styling? Her skin was glistening in the light of the tube light. Her hair was let open in small curls. A shade of pink adorned her full lips. How I felt like kissing them. Her eyes seemed to draw me closer. 

"Abhi." I heard Avni's strict voice call me back. "Why the hell are you here for?"

"I.. I just wanted to call you for lunch. Lets go." I stammered. 

She went back to the screen of her laptop. "I don't feel like eating really. You go. Karan and Naina must be there."

"You sure? We have training later." I asked again for confirmation. She nodded and reached for the side table. 

"Where the hell is my cell?" she murmured getting up from her seat and frantically searching for her phone. She tucked her hair behind her hair "Where did I keep it?"

"Hold on. Let me give a call." I took out my phone and dialed her number. She came and stood near me tensed. "Its ringing." I glimpsed at her.She was biting her lips. Fuck Avni! Don't do that please.

"Hello!" A girl picked up the call. 

"May I know who is this?" I asked authoritatively. 

"Abhi, its me Naina. Avni's phone is with me. She left it when she..  we were returning from the mall. Come for lunch. Will give it there."

"OK." I muttered disconnecting the call. "It is with Naina. She will get it back to you after lunch." She signed in relief and went back to her desk.

"You are looking really beautiful." I commented and exited the room hurriedly.

-------------------------------------------

We retired to bed after the evening training. I just hated the fact that every other boy was staring at her as if she was a new meat. If this was to happen then it clearly would have been better if she wouldn't have had a make over. But the strangest thing was that Avni was sort of trying to avoid Naina. Something was the matter.

"You are not going to sleep?" I asked Karan while getting on my bed.

"I will. A bit later. Just working on some codes." he said as he was lying on the bed working on the bed. Avni part 2. I don't have time for those shit. I need my macho sleep. Everyone in the dorm was already half asleep. I tucked myself in bed trying to fall asleep.