Past 44

**ABHI**

Avni saw the man, wearing a black hood and black pants. His mouth shaded by darkness. She could imagine him smirking under the black mask. Her blood boiled in anger. In his hand was a huge curved sword, just like the asuras carried, dripping with blood on innocents.

Avni walked towards him in slow strands

Avni walked towards him in slow strands. Her pet lion growled loud. Her eyes blazing with fury, a hunger to avenge. She was dressed in a red saree and carried a trishul. Her hair let loose, giving away her wrath. She faced him, his face coming into light. As she raised her trishul to strick him, he shouted...

"Wake up, Avni!" Naina screamed

"Wake up, Avni!" Naina screamed. Avni jumped up, straight on the bed, staring wide eyed at her.

"I can't believe that I have to say this, but 'Get up sleepy head!'" she grinned at her, putting on her ear rings, that were bigger than her ears. Avni looked baffled.

"Avni, You need to hurry. The guests will start pilling up, soon. Why are you looking so shocked?" I asked, combing my hair for the fiftieth time, that morning. I couldn't help, it just wouldn't set.

"Nothing. Seemed to have got the Durga Puja hangover. Strange day-mere." she crocked, getting out of bed and in the bathroom.

Naina was doing something to her lips, when her phone started ringing. She picked up the phone, and after a series of shrilling squealing, she kept it.

"What was it all about?" Karan asked her.

"Not now." she squeaked red-faced. "Let Avni come out."

Now, that made me want to know what it was, much more badly. Thankfully, we didn't had to wait long, for Avni came out soon in a simple yet beautiful Salwaar suit. She looked really pretty.

"Ok sweetheart. Now, can you say it?" Karan asked, looking towards Naina.

"Say what?" Avni asked, walking over to the dressing table to reach for her comb.

"Guess what! We will be moving out soon." Naina squealed again.

"What really? OMG! That's awesome. Right after we return back?" Avni asked over enthusiastically.