Past 19

"What the hell in the world is this place?" I and Avni cried while looking at the huge broken down building in front of us.

"Are we supposed to live here?" Karan Negi, the geeky guy with the harry potter glass spoke up, looking at the building.

"Please tell me, we won't be living here. It would probably stink of dead rats." Naina Sharma, a cute girl with chiseled face remarked crunching up her nose.

Avni just kept on staring at the building. If I do know something about her, she must be thinking of solutions as to how to live there in a civilized way. "Its better than living in the streets." she spoke up at last.

"I think street would be still better." Naina answered back. "Just look at it." she said pointing towards the huge house like thing. "It looks something straight out of a horror set up!."

And indeed she was freaking right. It was in a really bad state. The bricks could be seen fallen off in places. The exterior was devoid of any paint. The windows had broken pieces of glass sticking at its corners. And of course there was spider webs to make in look more welcoming. God! We could even die in there. We are going to save the country, at least they could have given us a better place to live in. What if the house crumbled down when we are sleeping? Who is going to save the country then?

I looked around at the 20-25 trainees gathered around the entrance of the old building. All of their expressions reflecting the same feeling.

"So, here are you all." suddenly we heard Mr. Singh speak while coming out of the building accompanied by Miss Kiran, and everyone stopped talking.

"Your luggage are already kept inside your particular rooms. I would explain it to you once we are through showing you around your new accommodation." Mr. Singh said starting to go back in again.

"Uh.. Mr. Singh." Karan called out. "Is it safe to go in? I mean.. Is there any precaution? What if this thing falls down?"

"Oh! Don't worry. You registered yourself for some adventure. And you are going to get that in plenty. Lets get started. You are going to love this." Miss Kiran smiled. Ya indeed, we signed up for humanly adventure. Do we, in anyway, look like a ghost straight out from Evil Dead? Because this house sure looks like one.

We followed Miss Kiran unwillingly, one by one watching our steps carefully. We couldn't be sure of its stability and just barge in. The inside sucked. It was far more shabbier than the exterior. There were spider webs everywhere- like you can imagine spiders all over your body just by looking at this. It must have been isolated for ages. And it even had a funny smell to it- not a pleasant one.

It looked like a reception area. The furniture were dirty and covered with dust. Duh! who would even dream of checking in here, except for us of course. Everyone was glancing at the room with disgust. At last, Naina pleaded, "I hate this place. How are we even going to live here? Can't we just go somewhere else? We would pay the rent."- looking at Miss Kiran. And we all agreed to her proposal.

Mr. Singh poked his head in through a door at left center. "Come in. There is more to explore." We seriously had enough. It was dreadful decision. Are they crazy? We could anticipate what it be like inside just by looking at the door.

But we had to enter anyway.. And..... What the f**k?

"Its looks heavenly." Karan voiced my thought. It was beautiful inside. Nothing that we could have ever guessed. I looked at Avni, her mouth was open in amazement and there was a twinkle in her eyes. She looked so adorable.

"So? Don't you like it?" Miss Kiran smirked at us.

"Like? We love it." Naina squealed in delight, while we nodded in agreement. After looking at the exterior, this soothed our eyes. The walls were white washed. And after every interval there was oak brown doors on both sides of the hallway. The ceiling was decorated with bright light bulbs and the floor was sparkling clean. Now that's what you call 'welcoming'.

"But why is the exterior so gruesome?" I asked Mr

"But why is the exterior so gruesome?" I asked Mr. Singh. I was really curious.

"If you were looking for a place to live. Would you live here? Looking at the building?" Mr. Singh questioned back. I shook my head in a 'NO'. Not even in my wildest dreams. "Same. No one would want to live here. You have to live among locals and normal people. It would be strange to see so many youngsters living in a place unless its a PG or something. And when its a PG, other students would also want to come here. So in order to prevent them from living here, we have made it look so deadly. And even if some one dares to ask for a room here, he runs away after looking at the state of the reception." he ended. We just stared at him for a while. And then burst out laughing. What a conspiracy!

"OK! That's enough." Miss Kiran stopped us. "Now for the rules that you have to follow." 

**************

Hey dear readers!

Another update. Sorry I couldn't update yesterday. Hope so this made up for that.

So what did you think of it? The picture above is the supposedly exterior of the building and the next picture is the corridor. There will be one more chapter describing the rules and their rooms, and the next will be the start of their journey. They have stepped foot on their new life.

Do comment, vote and share. Now that its going to be a different journey. I really need your feedback.

Lots of love!!

Happy Reads<3