Past 31

**NAINA**

    "Wow.. You look so beautiful." I smiled regarding Avni's appearance in the mirror. She looked so glamorous. One can fall in love with her right now. Yet something was missing in her. Yes, the shine in her eyes. She was staring at herself, but her thoughts were wandering someplace else.

"Avni.." I shook her hand. She turned towards me pushing away whatever she was thinking. I moved my head sideways. "Here." I took out my card and handed it to Nimrita in order to pay the bill. Avni caught my hand mid-way. "No. I will pay." She reached for her bag.

"Chill Avni!! You can give it to me later." I dismissed it, not wanting Avni to have a heart attack after looking at the pay slip.

 We left the salon soon after. Karan was waiting for us outside, doing something in his phone. "Let's.." he started and his words got stuck in his throat as he saw Avni.

"You look so hot." he crocked. I crunched up my eyes while Avni shifted in her place, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I meant... Abhi would be mesmerized. What a transformation." he clarified. "So.. umm actually I need to leave. Abhi called, he is waiting for me in college. You must be returning to the living quarters right?"

I nodded my head. "I and Avni will be fine. You go to Abhi. I will call you once we reach."  He started to go but turned "Anyway thanks Avni." smiled at me and left.

"Thanks for what?" I asked her. She just shrugged her shoulder in reply. 

------------------------------------------------

"Oh god!! Avni I am so so so happy. Can you believe it? Can you? I mean Karan gifted me this pendant." I exhibited the pendant to her. It was an empty heart shaped structure, shiny- silver like. There was a center heart and two small heart by its side. Oh gosh! It was so pretty and looked so delicate.

"I wonder how he came to know that I loved this sort of junks

"I wonder how he came to know that I loved this sort of junks." I touched the pendant that hung around my neck. I loved how it felt, as if it was just made for me. I looked at Avni, she was looking at the ground- a sly smile playing on her lips. Did she?