Past 42

**NAINA**

"I don't believe it. First, you were so down upon following Avni and keeping an eye on her and kicking Sayan's butt if he did something, and then, when we were getting on to the romantic moment you had to drop down and drag us back here.. What the hell was so damn important?" I growled at Abhi, when I saw our accommodation coming into view. I was so pissed off at him, but that stubborn brut of Abhi just kept numb.

"Get down." he murmured, stopping the car at the entrance of the building, entirely ignoring the existence of my speech. I got down without a word and saw him drive off somewhere, around the corner. I knew no matter what I said,  it wouldn't bother him then. And creating a public scene was not my idea. Wait until he came back,  I was going to stand on his stomach and make him apologise with his head down the toilet. God! I am so pissed.

"Cool down, baby girl." Karan smiled at me, when he saw the angry bird look pasted on my face; He ran his long fingers through my hair, ruining my hair style. But, I didn't mind, I loved it and surprisingly, it calmed me down, instantly. I turned my head and pecked his cheek. Oh! I loved him so much.

"Come, lets wait in my room. I need a score to settle down with Abhi, and moreover, I think Avni would be here soon." I said, making my way to my room.
He followed me in, and once the door was closed, he captured my lips. His hands rubbing my bare waist, underneath my crop top. I moaned, pulling him closer, as our tongues played. The butterflies in my stomach seemed to double at an adrenaline pace.
"I love you so much, sweetheart." he whispered, letting go off my lips and kissed my neck, making me go weak in the legs, as I held onto his shirt, firmly.

"I wouldn't mind missing a million dates, if this would be the dessert." I whimpered. He grinned, and kissed me behind my ear, making me shiver.

We settled ourselves on the divan. He laid back and wrapped his hand around my neck, pulling me close. I placed my head on his chest, listening and counting his heart beats.
After a few seconds, I looked up to kiss him. But stopped, when I noticed a frown on his face.

"What is it?" I asked him, turning his face to me. "Are you still thinking about that car?"

"Yes." he nodded his head, squeezing my hand. "I don't know why, but it seemed really strange to me. That car didn't just fit in that scenario. Something felt wrong about it."

I stared at his face, remembering the car parked at the far behind the high walls of that hidden sight. Surely, it wasn't something that seemed to be connected to that place. But, what sense would it even make. Just a dusty jeep.
"Chill sweetheart. I don't think, it's something important. Might have belonged to the staff or something. Even Abhi wasn't very bothered." I said, assuring him of something, that I wasn't even so sure of.

"No.. Not staff." He denied, the  doubts still fresh in his thoughts. "There is a parking spot inside the area, staffs could park their cars there. It seemed as if, it wasn't meant to be seen... Like being hidden.
And about Abhi, I don't think, he was paying any attention. Something was bothering him."

"What are you pointing at?" I asked, wanting him to be straight. He was scaring me.

"See." he started. "Avni is like a sister to me. Months of being living together,  has developed in me, a feeling of brotherly affection and protection for her. After that, hacking thing, I just have a bad feeling, that its not all over. I don't want to tell her that; it would just get her worked up." He paused, staring at the wall ahead. "She has had a lot to suffer already. Her past wasn't very colourful, hopefully her future could be. I know, Abhi would keep her safe. They may not accept it yet, but they are so much in love. And it isn't just some friendly love."
I couldn't help smiling.