Past 48

**NAINA**

"I really wanna know who manages this footage folders." Avni mumbled whispered.

"Why do you wanna know that?" I asked her.

"Because they just managed it beautifully. There are different folder for all the eight cameras. The footage on each folder have decided a day into two folders, each containing twelve hours of the day. Do you remember the time when you guys left?" Avni asked, as she clicked open the second 12 hour folder of that date.

That folder contained two videos, each with 6 hours of that 12 hours. Somebody surely worked hard.

"Well, we got our with you. I meant just a few minutes after you. So that time would be 2 to 2:30 pm." I guessed, remembering the day.

"No. It was almost 3. It was almost an hour journey to the venue, so by then it was about 4 pm. I know for a fact because the radio RJ announced the time." She whispered aloud, thinking to herself. She had a really good memory.

"So, I didn't notice you guys following me, and I would have if you guys were too close. So most probably, you left after five to ten minutes gap. Or you guys were awfully slow. Let's just check it from three o'clock." She explained and started the first 6 hour footage.

The footage displayed the view of the entrance of the building.
"Why are you just checking the front entrance?" I asked her lightly.

"Because we need to know who entered the building during that time. So I thought this was the only way to enter." Avni answered fast forwarding the footage.

"Ya true, but what if the person was already in the building? Suppose its someone from the agency itself, like Mr. Verma or the person might have got in anytime earlier?" Avni lifted her head to look at me.

"You have got a good point. But I am sure that Mr. Verma wasn't in the building. I heard for sure Mr. Singh talking to Miss Kiran during our morning training, as to how he was excited for the party at Mr. Verma's home, and that he haven't attended a party in a long time and he needed some break. He eventually mentioned that Mr. Verma took a day off for that, his parties are supposedly very posh." Avni recalled that day's conversation.

"But yet I wouldn't disagree that it might be someone from the academy itself. Not that I can point to someone. Hold on, Naina you keep a check on the ground floor security camera." She typed something, and the security computer screen on her close left started displaying that day's activities on the ground floor.

I could very easily view our room. Avni quickened the speed of the footage to 2X. Perfect to keep a check, as well as, move faster than usual. I really wondered as to how she knew to work this things.

For the next few minutes, we glued our attention to our respective screens. I saw us pass by on the screen many a times, if the situation wasn't so tensed, I might have started observing my postures while walking and stuffs. But that time, I kept everything aside and only concentrated to our room door.

Avni kept on skipping the footage forward, every now and then. Of course there wasn't much going on in the entrance.
"I don't understand." She whisper talked to herself.

"What happened?" I asked turning my attention to her screen for a bit, it was almost dark, meaning that she had fast forwarded to the evening part. I again turned my attention back to my screen, I was sincere.

"That's the thing, nothing happened, and you guys have already returned. But, where is Abhi?" she asked looking at me.

"Oh well. My screen showed that we just left, I am expecting something now. And as for Abhi, he was parking his car. But he returned after a little while. Look here he comes." I stated, as I saw Abhi returning wearing that strange scarf.